No announcement yet.

JHM 034 solid shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at one of these in the not to near future, mines like stirring pea soup at the mo

Was going for the 034 version, but also like the idea of the ones on the bay, being cheaper for starters need a 5 speed version though...
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

garry the 034 version for the 5 speed is only £55, call it 65 delivered

Ant
      91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
      KW V2s and other goodies
      now gone
      03' BMW 330CI - Sold
      08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
      57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

:mischeif: in that case
        Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

I have the Billzcat short shift on my RS2 with the VAGParts mod for reverse but it's worn now and TomC (despite his extensive talents) can't breath life back into it any more... still shifts OK but reverse lockout as gobe completely. Is anyone here doing a similar shift in billet aluminium with a metal ball joint?

PS Someone on here (don't remeber who) recommended TomC to me many moons ago and I've been using him ever since - I owe you serious beers. PM me and I'll deliver the beers if our paths cross...
          Cheers,
          Chasman
          1994 RS2 in RS Blue Pearlescent

Comment

So, did anyone try the E-bay kit?
            How much modification is required?
            Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
            http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

Yea!

Was about to spend my money on the 034 one, but thought I might jump by the (one and only) forum, just to check if there was any experiences, and once again this place might have saved me alot of money....

But the case. I stil have new in box the Vag parts kit, but looking at the JHM set it looks more solid and robust. So I was also wondering if anyone here have tried one of these kits? (ebay or JHM) I guess the JHM one have reverse option in order...
              The ebay kit looked "cheap" (and so is) so I am afraid of spending money of someting that works the same number of days as in the amount...

Vegard

Comment

Originally posted by quattronutter View Post
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-96-01-...2em118Q2el1247

listed for passat a6 etc same as a six speed s2 though
                Guys - I wouldn't recommend this kit for your S2/RS2.

Aiden - this fits the B5 S4/RS4 (I have one fitted to my S4), but the linkage is quite different on the ABY/ADU 6 speed.
                Past: S2 ABY coupe RS2 spec with lots of mods, S4 B5 saloon, RS6 C5 saloon, S8 D2 FL, RS4 B7 saloon, S4 B6 avant

Present: S4 B8 avant, MRC Stage 2

Comment

yes thats for b5 chassis,one of the ebay sellers had listings for s2/rs2 also which presumably is correct fitting

Comment

Well do you have a URL for that S2/RS2 kit?
                    Searched the bay but could not find any.
                    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
                    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

i

put the shortshift kit for the 5speed tranny, on last week. From 034M and its really nice. Just bolt on and no worries.. Good kit, i recommend that. For you 3b owners
                      japanischer industriabfall nein danke!!
                      www.rackeltrim.se Icelandic Division

Comment

Just bought JHM short shifter from 034motorsports http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...s-p-13999.html and been trying to install it. Shifts like a charm and incredibly short... the only problem is the reverse lockout. 034motorports has some instructions, http://www.034motorsport.com/01a-sho...tall-a-17.html but it does not apply in here since the casing is round and the edges are too short for drilling. Any suggestions?
                        Last edited by alexyeh; 3 August 2012, 23:10. Reason: adding a link

Comment

Yes get the billcatz shifter the 034 doesn't work well with the RHD

Comment

But my RS2 is LHD! lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              Yes get the billcatz shifter the 034 doesn't work well with the RHD
                              Why do 034 never flag these type of issues, ( for RHD cars and / or B4 cars ), in the small print, or make two versions. :roll eyes:

Thinking of migrating from B4 S2 to C4 urS6 !!! as there is more bolt on stuff available in my mind.

It does them no favours, as a lot of their stuff is good, if sometimes a bit expensive.

Jamo, can you advise what the issue is for RHD cars ?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X