X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch gone --- full bleed etc HELP

More issues

Recently replaced Clucth master and all good

Then over the weekend recond the rear calipers and ran out of time for a full bleed.m, went for a test run and all seemed good until 20 yards from my drive ....

No clutch .... ox

Thank god i was close to home..
    Today i have out through 3 to 4 litres back to front and Clutch master and still no joy..

Any pointers or am i in for a new clutch here ....

Anything else I can do ....

By the way , Forum totally rocks as is such a superb wealth of knowledge that for a humble tinkerer as my self has helped my knowledge grow so that going for mopt jobs ( equipment allowing) is no issue ... not sure whether I can run to a clutch replacement though! )

Thanks again
    S2 Avant ABY

There is a thread about some where with the proper procedure regarding bleeding, and i seem to remember something about having to have the hand brake off

Not sure how applicable that is for the clutch, but worth a search and read for starters.

Couldnt agree with you more about the forum btw, i wouldnt have bought an S2 without it, and i did a C&G mechanics course when i left school!
    Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

The clutch is bled independantly of the brakes (even though they share a reservoir).
      Usual recommendation is to but the gunson's kit from your local Halfrauds. That's what I did.
      John Bowlerwell
      Electronic Engineer

Present:
      Nogaro Blue RS2 - TOE
      Previous:
      Kingfisher Blue S2 - UAA
      Volcano Black RS2 LHD - DEX

Comment

@bug - maybe you're hydraulic reservoir ran too low when you did the rear brakes and you have airlocked the clutch... You could run 100 liters of fluid thru the brakes and not affect the clutch... You need to bleed the clutch separately.

HTH
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk View Post
          There is a thread about some where with the proper procedure regarding bleeding, and i seem to remember something about having to have the hand brake off

Not sure how applicable that is for the clutch, but worth a search and read for starters.

Couldnt agree with you more about the forum btw, i wouldnt have bought an S2 without it, and i did a C&G mechanics course when i left school!
          Full

Done all of that, reckon its the pressure plates or the slave!

Anyone know how to get at the slave to check it> Many thanks

J
          S2 Avant ABY

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            @bug - maybe you're hydraulic reservoir ran too low when you did the rear brakes and you have airlocked the clutch... You could run 100 liters of fluid thru the brakes and not affect the clutch... You need to bleed the clutch separately.

HTH

Makes sense.

Topped up the hydraulic. The Peddle is not stuck and does return to the top OK ?

To bleed the clutch seperately I take it that you bleed from the slave on top of the gear box as B4 ( muppet moment ) )

I did that a pushed through maybe 2 litres by lifting the peddle up and down manually for 120 up and downs! No joy , Also gunsens a bit as well.

Still no real preasure on peddle and definately wonmt allow the gears to slipm in!

Have I done this correctly and anything else I can try ?

Thanks aas always

S2 Avant ABY

Comment

3b or aby ?

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                3b or aby ?
                On my ABY
                J
                S2 Avant ABY

Comment

After reading all threads and replacing the clutch master it can only be 2 things

Seals gone in replacement Clutch master

or

Pressure plates

IS there any way to test the clutch master ?

Thanks

J
                  S2 Avant ABY

Comment

Originally posted by s2bug View Post
                    After reading all threads and replacing the clutch master it can only be 2 things

Seals gone in replacement Clutch master

or

Pressure plates

IS there any way to test the clutch master ?

Thanks

J
                    Hi mate, as i told you over the phone this is what happend to mines last year

Had the master cylinder replaced after the pedal failed forward, but it went again so then suspected the slave cylinder. in the end it was a lever that acted on the clutch. I got the whole clutch replaced as the cheapish lever came with the clutch kit, and the gearbox needed to be removed to get at the thing anyhows

Brian

Comment

Thought it may come to that...
                      Was trying every which way but £900

Anyone know of a good mecahnic that can for less in Sussex..

Thanks
                      S2 Avant ABY

Comment

Working...
                      X