X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Oops.
    I was following the guide I found on the forum which gives several options including everything which I went for.
    I did plug the Ecu hose as I didn’t want to risk damaging anything there.
    I should have listened to you in the first place John, but it looks like I got away with it.
    Car is running nicely and co has dropped down to about 0.3 on my tester. I need to take it for a long drive now to get it properly warmed up and test it again. I will clear the codes first and re check afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    You should really disconnect the PCV system if you’re testing to 2 Bar, you can blow holes in the rubber hoses. It only ever sees vacuum anyway, apart from the small one-way valve just below the IM. You will test this valve properly if you disconnect the zig zag pipe and use the ali plug in the MAF hose

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Ok, rant over and back to work on the car.
    My sensors arrived.

I did the pressure test again and now all seems good. It holds 2bar to 0 for about 40 seconds. The air was escaping via the oil cap so I need to get another seal. It was only minor mind.
    The lambda was very crusty when I had a good look.
    I will rig up my co tester and have a go this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    What happens when you buy from Autodoc.
    Here is a transcript of my conversation with them this morning.

I have a problem with an item I purchased from you. Order no 9689951 Skf wheel bearing vkba1356 One of the bearings is faulty. It has play in the bearing. The car was being renovated and has just been finished. The car has only travelled 20 miles on the bearing. The other three are fine.
    (09:12:08)*** Fabio joined the chat ***
    (09:12:12)Fabio: Hello, please hold on, I will transfer you to the operator in charge.
    (09:12:17)*** David Johnson joined the chat ***
    (09:12:17)*** Fabio left the chat ***
    (09:15:14)David Johnson: Hello, my name is David
    (09:15:21)Dave: Hi
    (09:16:35)Dave: Are you there?
    (09:17:07)David Johnson: Sure
    (09:17:08)David Johnson: Just a second please
    (09:18:01)David Johnson: Did you already discmount the part?
    (09:18:27)David Johnson: dismount*
    (09:18:29)Dave: No. It’s on the car. I need a new one before I take it off
    (09:19:50)David Johnson: I see, in this case the best would be if you purchased another one and in the meanwhile we open a warranty case
    (09:20:43)Dave: Then I will have to pay postage
    (09:23:21)Dave: Are you still there?
    (09:25:04)Dave: Hello?
    (09:25:47)Dave : Now I remember why I don’t buy from you anymore!
    (09:26:19)Dave: After sales service is rubbish
    (09:26:59)Dave: 5 minutes
    (09:29:48)Dave: 10 minutes. Still waiting for a response!
    (09:31:27)David Johnson: I apologize for the wait, the connection was lost for some time
    (09:31:41)David Johnson: I am looking for the best option to solve the issue
    (09:32:51)Dave: That would be good
    (09:33:23)David Johnson: If you wish to open a warranty claim, we will need you to dismount the part
    (09:34:31)Dave: Ok. I will buy a new bearing here in the uk and send the faulty one back to you then? Can you send me a postage label please
    (09:35:51)David Johnson: Unfortunately sir we will not be able to provide you a label, it will have to be on your expense
    (09:36:01)David Johnson: I will send you a warranty claim
    (09:36:08)David Johnson: Please fill that in
    (09:36:37)Dave: What? Postage to Germany will be about £12. It’s not worth it!
    (09:37:51)David Johnson: it's as you wish sir
    (09:38:15)Dave: No. I want you to sort it properly! That is my wish.
    (09:38:29)David Johnson: I will also have to inform you that the warranty will take around 6 weeks to be processed
    (09:43:12)Dave: Well well. I’m never buying another part from you again! After sales service is always rubbish. I’m telling everyone I know never to use you. Please pass this message to your supervisor as I am very unsatisfied with the service I have received. You have sold me a part that is faulty and expect me the pay to return it to Germany and then wait 6 weeks for a refund. No business in the UK would ever treat a customer in that way. I am closing my account with you and removing the app from my phone. Goodbye
    (09:43:48)*** Ka
    Postage to Germany is actually £21!
    The bearing was £28

You have been warned!

Last edited by Tractor Dave; 7 July 2019, 12:11.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Tractor Dave

Looks good according to 7Zap. ​​​​​Bench tested the valve with 12v and it appears to be working.
    N75 (WGFV) plumbing
    Bottom of T to face of cold side, long arm of T to MAF hose, short arm of T to WG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X