Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Then. On the drive the Auto check oil light came on. Not done this before.
    And the oil pressure gauge in the centre consul still goes directly to max and stays there all the time. I’ve tried another pressure sender and a new relay but made no difference. Could it be the smaller oil sender below the cotton reel one?

On the plus side the car is running beautifully pulling strongly in all gears from low revs up to my self imposed 3k rev limit. It’s so tempting to give it some welly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    More fun and games.
    My friend helped me change the wheel bearing over for another new SKF.

When all done there was no play. So I drove the 10 miles home and notice some noise again from that wheel at about 30mph. So, jacked the car up to check all was ok. The play had returned!
    Striped it down again to check something. I had pained the hub so cleaned it off just in case this was causing the issue.

Put it all back together again. I still have about 1mm of play.
    Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    I had some nasty holes in my centre consul where a mobile phone was fitted. It was also missing the front left clip which holds the panel tight to the centre.
    Lefrog is a very kind person and very useful to know as his family runs a breakers yard. He found me a good replacement, which I fitted today.

The ash tray was toast but I swapped it with mine.
    He also found me a good bonnet pull which I will hopefully fit tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Tractor Dave
    replied
    Oops.
    I was following the guide I found on the forum which gives several options including everything which I went for.
    I did plug the Ecu hose as I didn’t want to risk damaging anything there.
    I should have listened to you in the first place John, but it looks like I got away with it.
    Car is running nicely and co has dropped down to about 0.3 on my tester. I need to take it for a long drive now to get it properly warmed up and test it again. I will clear the codes first and re check afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    You should really disconnect the PCV system if you’re testing to 2 Bar, you can blow holes in the rubber hoses. It only ever sees vacuum anyway, apart from the small one-way valve just below the IM. You will test this valve properly if you disconnect the zig zag pipe and use the ali plug in the MAF hose

Leave a comment:

Working...
X