Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, no car (yet)

Hey everyone!
    I've been hovering around this forum for ages, Im in love with the s2 and I have been dying to get my hands on one! The problem is, they were never released in Canada, so my best bet has been to grab a 90 CQ (also very hard to find here), and convert it to an s2. Well I have finally found a coupe with a 3b motor swap and a bunch of other work done to it. I am picking it up in a couple weeks (trading my 97 A4 1.8T for it). It belongs to a friend of mine so I'm not too worried about getting a lemon.
    However I am looking for any pointers you guys my have on the car and the 3b motor, like problem areas and questions to ask.
    Can't wait to finally get the car, and as soon as I do I'll post pics.
    Thanks
    "Live like you'll die today, Dream like you'll live forever." James Dean :cool:

(Thanks S2driveruk for the avatar! :o )

to the forum, Glad to know there is enthusiastic people on the other side of the pond.

Have a look at www.s2central.net

That has some going pointers re buying S2's

Good luck and let us know what its like when you get it.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Welcome, and good luck with the new motor

Cant really offer any advice, seeing as im only driveing a coupe 2.0 at the mo, but i have driven an S2 and it was really nice

Look forward to the pics

Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Welcome...
        Wait till you get it, and see what its like.....
        Main problems really are the hoses, ie boost leaks..... oh, and lack of brakes...!
        Anyway, as said above, S2 central is a great source for info, and the search button here is your friend, so much info you find you get lost and totally sidetracked for hours when you want to find something...!
        Chris
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Welcome aboard. I have a 3B (needing body work at the back) and just spent a while getting to the bottom of a problem with the help of the guys on here. Don't know what's typical but if you have concerns this is the place to ask.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          1990 CQ20v
          2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

snapped a couple pics of it today, its in need of a little body tlc, but nothing that im too worried about. I'm going to have it completely resprayed when I can afford it, but i am really interested in knowing who makes the quattro fender flares (s1 look)?
            Attached Files
            "Live like you'll die today, Dream like you'll live forever." James Dean :cool:

(Thanks S2driveruk for the avatar! :o )

Comment

Working...
            X