No announcement yet.

Newbie looking to buy- advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that's encouraging to hear. Need to decide on a daily car and a bit of a weekend fun one. What are the turbos like on these things? Currently drive a 2.0TFSI and the turbo went (£1200) and it's then cost me another £800 or so to "fix" an unfixable problem/vibration.
    Some would say owning 3 cars is a bit excessive

Comment

Treated well, they are strong. Treated badly they are not. Same with most turbos. Everything has a shelf life and that is the problem with these cars. They have already done high mileage or sat around doing nothing for long periods, neither of which are conducive to problem free motoring IMO

Comment

Agree with Cottis. Use cheap oil in these things at your peril. Most other consumables & repairs aren't too expensive, even for a garage. The only real issues you may have is if a part gets damaged or lost you might have a 'mare finding a replacement one. You'll quickly get used to the phrase 'Audi says NLA'!
        I've owned mine for almost two years as a daily and haven't been stranded yet (touches wood). In that time I've replaced the front shocks & top mounts, cam belt change, clutch master cylinder (infamous bendy rubber bit failing), TFSI coil conversion and front discs n pads. My paranoia has driven me to source (2nd hand I may add) spare front wings to fit this year & a replacement glass sunroof panel (metal parts of it rusting through, remember to check this area!)
        oh, mine has just ticked past 150k miles and hasn't got even a whiff of blow-by

Comment

Just hearing that excites me aha, weird I know but love working on cars and love learning new things. I got to the point where I know my old car VW Polo G40 inside out. And reached pretty much max performance which was sensible.

Check it out
          https://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/inde...ic,7881.0.html

Obviously you never want anything to break if it's your daily but it gives you chance to get stuck in and learn, the more you do the more you learn so when something goes wrong in the future it turns out to be an easy fix rather than a ball ache.

Plus if turbo does go pop, it gives you the excuse to upgrade it

Rich

Comment

'Plus if turbo does go pop, it gives you the excuse to upgrade it '

Rich[/QUOTE]

Yup, if you get yourself an S2 -you'll fit in here

Comment

So I'm now a s2 owner

Comment

Great stuff but all i can see is a black background with white text.

We need pictures!!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Bought it from PeteRR on here.
                  Lovely car really chuffed with it got a few small bits and pieces to do on it and get some adjustable suspension on it because it's too low as it stands for me.

I haven't took any photos of it because of the crap weather
                  But here are some from when the previous owner had it detailed

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/104055-...eramic-detail/

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Lovely car really chuffed with it got a few small bits and pieces to do on it and get some adjustable suspension on it because it's too low as it stands for me.

That looks a really nice specced motor.. I spy Cup alloys, Porsche brakes and Recaros Oh, and an RS2 grill....

Looks a cracking buy/find
                    Last edited by jubjub; 7 February 2016, 19:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

Now that's what i call a car worthy of the name.It looks a stunner.It looks Volcano Black to me, .. .. is it?

What a good find,never even knew it existed let alone for sale.
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

That looks superb . One of the nicest examples I've seen around lately . If you fancy selling on the cup 1 replicas drop me a message as I'm looking for a set
                        Regards
                        Gav
                        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Yes, very nice by the look of it. Where was this advertised?

Enjoy and
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I might be wrong but i'm not sure it was?
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

It wasn't for sale but as soon as I put this thread on I has 3-4 people message me considering selling theirs.

It really is a beaut, credit to PeteRR and its previous owners.

@gavs20v It's early days and although I will probably get new wheels I will stick with these for now just because I'm skint aha

First on the list is health check at MRC get it on the ramps fully check it over and ensure its fit and healthy.

Are there any shows coming up, would love to see some other great examples and chat to other enthusiasts.

Here's a little bit about it

1995 S2 ABY Coupe
                              Volcano black 111k miles
                              4 previous owners
                              Full black leather with carbon trim rs2 electric
                              A/C, Pre-select electric sunroof, electric rear ‘pop-out’ windows.

Porsche 996 front Calipers (black) with S8 323x30 discs.
                              H&R Springs with KONI dampers, RS2 front ARB, RS2 Droplinks, White-Line RARB.
                              17” Porsche Cup 1 replica wheels.

Genuine and fully reconditioned RS2 turbo
                              Wagner RS2 Evo exhaust manifold
                              Wagner RS2 Evo intercooler (with ‘MarkH’ mod)
                              3” custom downpipe into Milltek exhaust
                              Bosch 440cc green-top injectors
                              Bosch 044 Motorsport fuel pump
                              RS2 (Porsche) inlet manifold
                              Forge diverter valve
                              MRC Tuning remap (with uprated MAP sensor) to 360PS/570Nm
                              Fidanza alloy flywheel (with SACHS clutch)
                              Red-Top coil conversion, with Alex’s top quality loom (original coils & cover also included)
                              NGK Iridium spark plugs

Comment

^^^
                                Really good spec motor you have snaffled there . Top work

Comment

Working...
                                X