No announcement yet.

Newbie looking to buy- advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice purchase. BTW I am also a massive fan of the G40, possibly underrated in my opinion.

One I had went like stink, faster than the MK2 golf gti 16v I test drove at the same time.

Scary handling though.

Comment

Originally posted by jubjub View Post

^^^
      Really good spec motor you have snaffled there . Top work
      You really fell on your feet with that car / spec.

One to look after.

Comment

Lucky boy

I recommend KWs, you will find the ride and handling much better than the H&Rs and Konis and you can probably sell them and find half the cost of the KWs
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

WOW!! What a lucky man. That's one hell of a motor very low mileage great upgrades wouldn't of thought it needed much coming from the previous owner bet you are well chuffed! I also have a black 95 N.reg Coupe why don't you come upto the Scottish blast in a few months time!?

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
            Nice purchase. BTW I am also a massive fan of the G40, possibly underrated in my opinion.

One I had went like stink, faster than the MK2 golf gti 16v I test drove at the same time.

Scary handling though.
            yeah i loved the G40 and with a little bit of tinkering they are really underrated!
            mine was 190bhp in the end and embarrassed a lot of things, but it was a nightmare in the wet and as you say handling was dreadful.

Yeah KW's as soon as the weather get better and stays dry for more than 24 hours!

Scottish blast - i will have to check that out and see if i'm free

Comment

Nice coupè mate. I hope you have forged rods! otherwise you are way beyond the limit of them.

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6 View Post
                Nice coupè mate. I hope you have forged rods! otherwise you are way beyond the limit of them.

cheers!
                BS, it's been discussed to death on here. A well mapped car with COP ignition will be fine on standard rods at that power level...

The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                  BS, it's been discussed to death on here. A well mapped car with COP ignition will be fine on standard rods at that power level...

Agreed

Gav
                  S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Working...
                  X