Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Mini to Audi!

Gents,

As the title gives away, I've nearly finished my Group B inspired 4WD classic mini project with a boosted B18 at 370hp! However before I have to grow up and get a mortgage I want to do one last project! Now I can't afford an original Quattro or an S2, but I did fall in love with a 1994 Audi Coupe 2.6E FWD in absolute mint condition so I treated myself much to the girlfriends disapproval. My plan is to engine swap it, I was thinking of putting all sorts of engines in like 1JZ, but I think i'm set on putting an inline 5 in as I believe this to be the 'Audi sound' and then convert the FWD to RWD (not interested in 4WD) by making a custom tubular rear Subframe.

Could anyone point me in the right direction to find what i5 would be best for what I need, I have no experience with Audi engines and I wouldn't know what money we're talking to get 300HP from a i5. I've seen a few i5 engines around but priced at 2.5k! Thats RB26 money!

My Pride:

Many thanks,

Ben

It's about 150 pounds to chip a I5 to 280bhp
    1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
      Assuming it's already turbocharged......
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Do you still have the mini or is it sold?

Comment

My Pride:

Stunning example looks very nice

Comment

Originally posted by stocious View Post
            Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
            Assuming it's already turbocharged......
            Now I'm guessing this is the cheap part how much are the I5s in today second hand market?

Originally posted by rustybullethole View Post
            Do you still have the mini or is it sold?
            She's staying with me for a while just spent three years of my life doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Massier93 View Post
              ........how much are the I5s in today second hand market?
              My guess would be maybe £1500-2000 on a good day for a turbo'd I5 engine, depending on what comes with it?

What about something different like nitrous on the V6......maybe cost £1k?

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                My guess would be maybe £1500-2000 on a good day for a turbo'd I5 engine, depending on what comes with it?

What about something different like nitrous on the V6......maybe cost £1k?
                I'll have to keep my eye out for one going at a good price! but that price is 1JZ prices, they'll handle 400HP on stocks.

Yeah I was hoping the V6 was solid enough to boost it, left abit disappointing by the tuning capabilities! not really a fan of NOS for my daily!

Comment

It's worth looking at a more modern inline 5, check out the 07k as it has had about 20 years more engine development too
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    It's worth looking at a more modern inline 5, check out the 07k as it has had about 20 years more engine development too
                    Searched the entire internet! Couldn't find one for sale that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I think at a push 2.5k is my limit!
                    Last edited by Massier93; 16 July 2017, 11:18.

Comment

iirc there was a supercharger kit for the 12V V6

Comment

I think there was a build thread for supercharged on audifans some years back
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                        X