Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 about to pull the trigger

Hello folks,

Let me please introduce myself. My name is Marc and I am a 32 year old AUDI enthousiast.
    15 years ago, while browsing the net, I stumbled upon a RS2 that was for sale. After exchanging a few phone calls with the broker, I came to the conclusion that the car was out of my reach. Furthermore, it was tuned to 500 hp, which I think with hindsight would have been a bad combo for an inexperienced driver...

Three months ago, while I was driving to work, i crossed path with an Audi RS2. I had seen this car a few times but was never able to find who the owner was. So on that day, I was able to make a quick U-turn and flag down the driver. We had a small chat and I told him to let me know if he was ever to part with his prized-possession.

So to make it short, the day has come. He is willing to sell it. I've met with him today.

The outside of the car seems a bit rough. What concerned me the most is the front left of the car. He mentioned the fact that the front left fender and hood must have been changed. Most of the front left panels are out of alignment. How can I make sure that the front left longeron/beam is straight. It looks like the welding right at the base of the windshield had some work on. Compared to the other side, it definitely looks that some work was done to it.

Regarding the engine, the turbo was swapped for an AUDI 200 turbo's one. From what I saw the air filter box was missing and was replaced by a bigger filter.

One more thing is the airbag light is on. He told me that since the steering wheel was changed, it needed to be reprogrammed to "recognise" the new wheel. Could it be just that or should I consider something else.

Thank you much in advance with the help you can provide me. It's been a car I have lust after for so long.

Cheers!
    Last edited by GT558; 19 July 2017, 13:08.

Hello, panels and bonnet etc are all shared so can be replaced if needed. Genuine RS2 air boxes and headlights, grilles etc are all harder to come but they are around.

Comment

RS2 airbox and turbo can be sourced. But how well is it running with an Audi 200 turbo - i guess this would be the same as a standard S2 one...
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
      X