my s2 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my s2 mods

Aside from the brakes and with any luck some homefries in the future - this is all I let myself play with....

..... (here)
    Last edited by Alistair C; 9 July 2003, 18:43.

Nice job - I recognise the neat boot install - you must have been on the audifans forum.

I really like the Autochanger position - have you got more pics/ info on how you did that? How much room is back there?

Cheers
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Very nice install. About thouse front door setups. How much litre are they ??? How they sounds ?

Btw I'm looking for a good fazoinverted enclosed box for my future s2.
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

yeah - I really liked it too!
        It was one of those things I think you only do once!
        I don't know if A/C would affect the space but there's about 150mm between the back of the panel and the air ducting to the passenger vent. In the end I had to chop a section out of the duct just to give the changer clearance.Then bridged the gap with a piece of heater hosing.

The flap was hinged to the base and the base fibreglassed to the dash. Very sturdy in the end & very convenient. Wouldn't try it with anything larger than an alpine 6 disk though.

I'll put some more pics up of this in the coming days.

Cheers for your comments!

PS 'fazoinverted' - now thats a new one to me!
        The door builds just vent into the door. The door itself is sealed to act as the enclosure. The speakers were designed to work in this environment so sealing them in a box would not allow them to function properly - too much back pressure would just burn out the voice coils. - it all depends on the speakers you choose.
        Last edited by Alistair C; 7 July 2003, 22:57.

Comment

Heh I see.

fazoinverted it's like aaaaaa phase invertator. CLosed box with only tube/tubes blowing. Sometimes it makes me sick describing something in english .

I prefare speakers for closed box.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Thank God we don't need to post in Russian / Latvian (says he showing a pathetic knowledge of local dialects in the Eastern bloc nations).

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

ops:

Russian is very complicated language.

I don't mean English is stupid language. Just sometimes I notice my lack in knowledge.

Just becouse everybody speaks English I'm forced to.
              Vadim.

Comment

Rahhhhh @ Those door builds!!

I assume they were home fabricated and not a kit???

If so, whats the chances of you posting dimensions on here?? Cos was looking at making / getting similar for mine, but paying some stupid company 350 notes just to house some 13cm speakers i thought they can keep it LOL!!!!
                Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

My pages have now been updated - lots more pics of the changer istall in there now - enjoy!

Comment

I'm even more impressed than before now!!!

WOW is all i can say, thats a very impressive install!!!!
                    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

WOW!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

MAn I wish i could do something like that. Id save a few quid.
                      Im seriously thinking of getting a system sorted for my Car. But people are charging mad $$$'s for custom enclosures! :
                      Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by AbsS2
                        WOW!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

MAn I wish i could do something like that. Id save a few quid.
                        Im seriously thinking of getting a system sorted for my Car. But people are charging mad $$$'s for custom enclosures! :
                        How much have you been quoted for yours?

was quoted £250 to have door builds made from fibre glass and trimmed to match interior etc.
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I have to say £250 would be a very good price for a pair of door builds. I would certainly not be prepared to make another pair of mine for that sort of money. 5 hours of work can't get you much really.
                          I guess that'd be for a simple pair like this using the factory grilles.

Would like to see what they come up with though.....
                          Last edited by Alistair C; 9 July 2003, 23:21.

Comment

You must have resin in yor blood Alistar C nice job

I bought a set of door panels from Europrice in USA (www.euro-audi-parts.com/Speakers.html)
                            They are made for 80/90 CQ but it fits the S2 quite good, and for 99$ it`s not so bad.
                            The sound works for me.
                            Cheers
                            Johan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Audis293

You got an orange S2 ?!

Leigh
                              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Working...
                              X