Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K26/GT2871 R good for RS2

Do you now anything on this turbo?

On efi 34 it says spool up better than RS2 turbo and more power.
    What about the surging problem that the GT30R have when spooling up if to much pressure require will it be the same with this K26/GT28 RS?

You can get some turbo map of it on ATP turbo
    http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=GRT
    RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

One my good friend recently has installed that turbo.
    Boost Starts to grow earlier than on RS2 turbo. On the second gear gives out 2.4 bars of surplus of pressure at 3400 rpm and 2.0 bars at 7000 rpm

There is only one subtlety in installation of this turbine. It is necessary to establish restrictor on oil cooling of the turbine. That is ball bearing turbos do not transfer a high pressure of oil.
    2.2 turbo RULEZZZ!

Comment

Thanks YanRS
      What about surging under 3K Rpm
      Any other feed back on this turbo
      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

Will most likely surge from 3000 to 4500rpm with 2bar if cams are in stock timing. Otherwise good solution, if 450 crank hp will do.
        Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

What do you mean with stock cam timing?
          Should I change the Timing of my RS2 cam with adjustable Poulie like Pisobiker made?

Comment

I am thinking about buying this one.There was an earlier thread in which over 450 hp was gained. I will fit 7a cams, exhaust of maybe both. Maybe adjustabel cam gear will also be a good idea.
            Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Possibly that may be necessary. Repo is referring to my engine which had surging problem when running AAN ex-cam with ADU cam belt-gear and ADU in-cam.

Due to surge boost had to kept in 1.4 bar 3-4,5 krpm. After retiming of cams 1.9bar without any problem.
              4F 2006 avant 3.0tdi quattro
              4B 2002 S6 avant quattro
              typ85 sedan quattro with "minor" changes

Comment

I have a few questions which I hope you can answere:

- Do you still have standard internalls?
                - What is maximum torque?
                - What kind of injectors do you use?
                - Do you use stock RS2 exhaust manifold?
                - What kind of intercooler do you use?

thanks,

Erik
                - Do you still use stock ADU inlet manifold?

Comment

- Yes, internals are standart
                  - max torque is 600+ Nm
                  - ADU injectors
                  - yeah, stock ADU EM
                  - OBX IC, volume 13 liters
                  2.2 turbo RULEZZZ!

Comment

That muss me the limit for the RS2 exhaust manifold and the rods. I havent decide yet what kind of exhaust manifold to use the rs2 item(I can buy one for 350 euro) or a turbular manifold (Jeffers).
                    Dont know if there will be a big difference when you use an rs2 exhaust manfold.

Comment

Erik, if You were talking to Kalsket, I'll answer for him. (hope he doesn't mind)

-Verdi rods, balanced rotating masses etc.
                      -570Nm @ 3900rpm
                      -ADU injectors
                      -Pro-Mo EM, same as bunch of people here, but with smaller diam. runners
                      -RS2 stock

Comment

ok, thanks repo.

Will it be a big difference if you use a turbular manifold compared to the RS2 manifold? I know that most people use turbular manifold above 400 hp.

thanks,

Erik

Comment

Big difference in top end, no doubt.

Comment

That will cost me another 700 euro . How about the cams, I bought both 7a cams. I read that most people only fit the exhaust cam, will this be the best solutions,

thanks,

erik

Comment

has anyone tried the K26/GT3071 on an RS2 yet?

http://www.034efi.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=196
                              *1986 ur quattro,2.5 stroker
                              *1995 Nogaro Blue RS2,Md357
                              *1991 RR 20v quattro
                              *2000 Nogaro Blue RS4,RS6 turbos,tubulars,custom 3" downpipes,Miltek,FMIC,big injectors,RS6 big brakes,RNS-E satnav/TV,592bhp/600lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X