Switch Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Lights

After blinding one too many person with my fog lights and hazard warning lights whilst trying to demist my rear screen, I thought I'd better get the switch lighting sorted.

Couldn't have been easier! 10 minutes later and I'd got them all working. Cost me nothing more than the petrol to and from my local scrappy. It helps to have a big tool box to bury the switches!

In daylight it doesn't make any difference, but in these darker days you notice all the lights that don't work. It just adds a nice touch when you see them all light up as they should.
    ex '93 Avant owner

just trying to sort my switch lights right now.....

Can anyone tell me what colour the triangle is which tells you your rear window heater is on?
    Yellow / orange / green? (need a new LED & can't remember what colour it should be!)

have fixed the front fog light switch with a donor bulb from a scrappy unit (bulbs just pull straight out with pliers!)

Comment

Yellow but normal bulb illuminates it. No LEDs.
      -

Comment

no - on my 95 ABY they are definately LEDs.
        one 5mm red one for the illumination and one 3mm one for the triangle.....

I got a spare rear window switch from the breakers, but it was from an older car & used the bulbs - the later 4AO heater switch uses LEDs

Comment

Uh sorry, not a single day goes by without learning something
          -

Comment

yellow it is then - right off to Maplins to get some yellow LEDs - cheers porkkis

oh - and while I'm here - anyone know if the door mirror <^>switch uses LEDs or bulbs?

Last edited by Alistair C; 18 January 2004, 23:20.

Comment

Nearly everyone of my switches as packed up. The only one i can see is the front fogs!

Both heated seats, ABS, rear fog, headlamp level, heated screen illum. bulbs have all gone!

And im not buying new ones. £££££££ kerching
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

alistair, just normal led's are ok IIRC, the switches are coloured plastic which generates the colour

Comment

There's some info here..

http://20v.org/acclight.htm

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

aah - posted this on AOC website too..... now have 2 votes for yellow and 2 votes for orange........

......anyone for blue?

PS martin - I think the older bulb lit switches used coloured filters but mine is coloured by the leds...... I'm fairly sure white leds were fairly rare back in 95.....?
                    Last edited by Alistair C; 19 January 2004, 18:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X