Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat fitting Problem

Really don't understand this one

Went to fit my S2 seats into my CQ today and ran into a stupid problem i hadn't even considered! The locking pin for the adjustment is on the inside of the runner in my car - on these S2 seats, its on the outside

S2 Seat

CQ Seat

Drivers side runner guide

Firstly, why the hell change it Audi??!!!!!

Secondly how can I over come this?
    Two options i though of -

a) Does the S2 use a longer locking pin, which fits into the guide sleeve from the other side and works the opposite way round?

b) Remove and reweld the tab under the seat base which secures one end of the handle rod and reverse the handles on the S2 seats?

Any ideas?
    Really ******** off !!
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Are you sure you're not trying to fit the passenger seat on the drivers side??

Sorry!

Not sure, I have never seen OR heard of this problem before. Seriously though, would swapping seat bases help??

cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

ABY and 3B are different sides too.. You can do it by reversing the handles, I tried with a pair of ABY seats I wanted to fit to my 3B, it kind of worked, some of the holes in the frame were even mirrored but there was some welding to do.. Best bet is to use the frame and base of your CQ seat and fit the entire back and the cushion and cover from the new seat, it'll all fit ok then, I did this with a pair of S2 seats I fitted to my UR. I'd be happy to help with more details

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Just been out for a look, if thats the drivers seat then the CQ is like the ABY seat with the slide catch near the tunnel. You need to change the entire seat base over and fit the cover from the S2 seat.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

D'oh! What a ball ache!

.. thanks for the info mate
          At least there is a way to sort it without the need to mess about too much

Can any 3B owners shed any light as to their set-up with the locking pin mechanism in the car?? Is the pin guide on the other side? Or is the pin longer?
          Very weird that its different
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah, all 3Bs have reversed handles to ABYs AFAIK and the pin gets pulled from the other side, it all looks the same but reversed... Not sure if the ABY seats fit the CQ though..

Not to hard to change the bases over..

Looks like you have 3B seats there so no use me offering you my old ones

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

It is a pain eh? I bought an entire leather interior from an ABY and ended up selling it on again..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

I've spoke to him about the seats and he's sorting them now as they are my old ones.

Comment

ABY seats directly fit a cq20v, we did this on Paulgo's old cq20v.
                  They were a 100% straight swap.
                  Seems the 3B is the odd one out.

Jas..
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Depending on the build, you can't always swap the levers around (I couldn't). I swapped the upholstery across on to the original steel bases. It's not as difficult as you might think. Jas is right, the 3B is the oddball of the bunch.
                    What Newsh said ( I didn't read the posts fully first time round).

Comment

I've done the base swap now - no dramas, bit fiddly!

Also decided to take the opportunity to adjust the map pocket elastics
                      Not all that difficult to dismantle the seats - first one too me half an hour, but managed the second one in 15 mins once i worked out the easiest way to put the foam back on the base

Heated seats will be straight forward.. :mischeif:

Thanks for the help / advice guys
                      Last edited by Error404; 19 January 2008, 19:16.
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

How do you adjust the map pocket elastics? Min are hanging like a whores nasty.

Comment

haha

you can do it with the back still connected to the base.
                          Undo the two screws at the bottom of the pastic seat-back.
                          then the fabric is squashed into a gloove on either side of the seat-back also - prise that out with a flatblade then the plastic cover just slides off downwards - you can see the two screws and clips on the back of it holding the net edging on - i just tightened the elastic and knotted it, then refitted the edging strip and the seat-back.

Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Great, glad you got them sorted, its actually pretty easy if you're keeping the cloth and foam together, more difficult if you are changing the foam as you have to undo all those hog rings

Top tip on the elastics, mine are pretty saggy too

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X