project tarting up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project tarting up!

Been a little busy over the past few days.

Have replaced the turbo with another k24 that was reconditioned. Came back from the turbo centre looking better than new. Had a nightmare getting the EM off, rounded and seized bolts, ended up cutting half of them off with a dremel, that i couldnt see using a mirror and a torch, not much fun i can tell you!! So got that on, along with all new EM studs and nuts, new gaskets. Replaced the expansion tank, removed the PCV system to plumb in a catch tank which needs finishing off tomorrow. Replaced a water sensor on the water manifold, replaced the IM gasket and loads of vacuum hoses with all new red silicon. Its taken about 4 days in total, cant wait to fire her up tomorrow and go for a drive, been over a week now without it

Next week its time for the new big ally intercooler, will update the thread then with more pics.

Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

nice work....ive got a new k24 to put in within a couple of weeks...il let you have the pleasure!
    did the gaskets for the TB come locally or Vagparts?

Comment

everything from audi plymouth mate
      Pearl white 91-S2-3B K&N cone air filter - Home made induction pipe work - 18" RS4 replica alloys - Yokohama Parada Spec 2 rubber - Colour coded body work - Bilstein/H&R suspension - s/s 3in turbo back Longlife exhaust - SFS water hoses - Samco boost hoses - RS2 FARB - RS2 eyeballs - Squeaky interior trim & 2 bar!

Comment

hmm ok. was it expensive do you mind me asking?

Comment

quite reasonable, same prices everyone else has been quoted from vagparts etc.

vagcat.com has some prices on it

Comment

vagcat? Vagparts never reply to my emails....

Comment

parts catalogue

Comment

Nice results, love the red/white combo.

Comment

i cant access vagcat for some reason

Comment

ok so who knows how much i can expect to pay for a gasket kit?

Comment

kit for what

Comment

TB replacement,exhaust gasket,oil lines etc

Comment

Nice engine bay
                          93 S2 Avant Parting
                          91 URQ RR
                          02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                            vagcat? Vagparts never reply to my emails....
                            Emailing vagparts is a waste of time tbh, if you want something from them phoning is the best option.

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
                              TB replacement,exhaust gasket,oil lines etc
                              TB is short for Throttle Body. I think you mean Turbo.

I think I paid about 90quid for all the 2 gaskets and studs and nuts to do a Turbo, but its a while back and I can't remember exactly what I bought.. Dont mess about with any normal nuts and studs, buy the correct ones from Audi or Vagparts. The little paper gaskets for the oil lines cost next to nothing.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X