Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pnp Vems offer

hey all
    Since we have tested Vems on Audi S2 3b in some time, we will offer other this engine control to reasonable price.
    Vems will be delivered plug and play and have been tested so instalationen can be done in a very short time.
    prior set to 250 psi pressure.

If you are interseret in a pnp Vems engine management, we can be contacted at:
    pbx@mail.dk
    www.au2stereo.dk

Best regards
    Peter Jensen
    Vems since 2004

Hi Peter

Could you give an idea of cost please(for 3B)

Cheers

Steve
    93 S2 Avant Parting
    91 URQ RR
    02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Originally posted by peter_jensen View Post
      Vems will be delivered plug and play and have been tested so instalationen can be done in a very short time.
      prior set to 250 psi pressure. Best regards
      Peter Jensen
      Er, ah, Peter, I think maybe you want to check your units on the boost pressure. I am guessing you meant 2.5 bar (250 kPa) Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor, rather than 250 psi pressure. That's about 10 x's what a chipped car can do in reality.

Dave F.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

The VEMS on the website they come with 400kpa sensors why the reduction?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider S4 View Post
          Hi Peter

Could you give an idea of cost please(for 3B)

Cheers

Steve

Price for plug and play Motronic 55pin cable connector:
          http://www.au2stereo.dk/vems.html
          currency converter
          http://coinmill.com/DKK_EUR.html#DKK=6695

Comment

How does this unit work with the standard carcomputer (showing mpg, distance etc) or does this go away when changing the unit to a VEMS?

And who is guru in mapping VEMS units in scandinavia/GB?

Really really interesting!
            Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Vems

I will try to answer some of the questions.

Vems can be supplied with the following map sensor 250, 300, and 400 kpa.

The meaning of Vems is that we can tune the engine because it has built-in wideband sensor otherwise we can refer to Rob Humphris - Cambridge, UK.

Unfortunately, it is not possible at this time to get board computer to work together with vems but it may come at a later date.

If someone wants to see more of the software (Megatune), the free download here:
              http://www.vems.co.uk/VEMSTech/VemsMT1.1.23rc.zip
              Run the file Megatune

At present, we only support to b3 but if someone wants it, we will also make Vems to AAN / ADU.

Best regards
              Peter Jensen
              www.au2stereo.dk
              Vems since 2004

Comment

The default MAP sensor is 400 kPa. If you want other type of MAP sensor (none / 115kPa / 250 kPa / 300 kPa is often enough and more reasonable, perfect for max 1.8bar boost) than write in the order note (also on your wiki MembersPage)
                http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/product_...8ff218f185bcd8

The reason I queried it is 250 KPA absolute isn't that 1.5 bar usable boost? Wouldn't it be better to stick with the default 400 KPA to give 3 bar boost limit?

Comment

400 Kpa

Thats what i have fitted to my ECU Jamo.

pnanassy- is who i deal with.
                  Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                  Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

I've spoken to Pnanassy at great length over VEMS and he knows his sh*t!

Comment

Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                      Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

400 kpa is the way to go if you want to take real benefit running more than a stock turbo setup. For standard k24 turbos your better stay with the Motronic ECU and buy a homefry chipset

Comment

Vems

I have seen several people who have bought a chip but the car has been running poorly and the money has been lost.
                          If you choose 400 kpa (3 bar) is prepared for major boost.
                          Vems is normally diy but we make a standard set up where everything is calibrated and ready for use, as there are many things you learn in the beginning.

Vems also offers many other advantages as lunch control, ALS, shift light, display, and much more, and it is smart if you're doing something on the engine so you just change the management set up.

Ragards Peter
                          Vems since 2004

Comment

There are some poor chipsets available on eBay and the likes which are to be avoided.

Like Bram, I think all of the aftermarket systems are more suited to those who need/want to setup the engine themselves in a somewhat supported environment. This could be for exotic fuel or large / custom turbo installations - especially those which make using the Motronic MAF impossible.

If running standard turbo then I don't think there is much benefit in an aftermarket system from pure performance point of view. Of course, the features like launch control, ALS, datalogging etc etc are of importance for users on sprints, drag strips, track days. Granted it would give users one ECU system that can be tweaked along the way with turbo or injector changes and other engine internals.

Different strokes for different folks here. One of the big complexities facing the guy tasked with a custom ECU installation is integrating it with the target engine and chassis. I for one applaud the VEMS guys here for recognising that and making it easier with a documented install, cables and whatever for an S2 application. That removes risk for the user and makes it a lil bit easier.
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Vems

I have seen several people who have been chippet their cars by recognized tuners and not had a good result but waste money.

Yes documentation is a good thing but with Vems PNP does not require as much as it is quite easy to install.

1: demount the old ecu
                              2: install the included cable (1 M) for wideband lambda probe
                              3: switch-violet and red wire in the plug to crank home vr sensor
                              4: connect Vems to monotronic 55-pin connector and boost pipeline
                              5: fit the plug in to wideband sensor
                              6: start the engine and the installation is complete

For more technical information, see this page http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...n/AudiStrigger

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...en/AudiSwiring

Regards Peter
                              Vems since 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X