This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning!! Wagner RS2 EVO EM Copies...

If you are going to Buy a RS2 Evo Manifold make sure its a original Wagner one... i received some Pictures today of a Copy.
    It looks like made from Dcutile Iron ( not the D5s Stuff that we are using)
    Flowpath looks also different...

watch out! If you dont know for sure, please contact us at info@wagner-tuning.de

Copy

original Wagner EVO EM

That was only a matter of time before someone copied your masterpiece..

Lets hope no one buys them.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

So bloody sad, and the copy looks sh*t!!!!!

Comment

so carsten. there are a number of us now runnnig your products and loving them.

how can prospective buyers tell the difference. you will get people who will want a copy to save money. false economy i know but they are there. anything for 100 €.

what makes it not worth buying these items and how can they avoid being stung.

Comment

Pretty easy: if it looks good, it's wagner, if it looks like a hunk of *****, it's a copy.

Basically, black one is ductile iron, brownish, shiny material makes it high nickel alloy. Easiest way to recognize.

And of course, prices should have uniformity all over the world.
          Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

And finally buy from Carsten directly!

Comment

yes i agree its pretty easy for us who know. im trying to help those who may be new to this. for those with less experience they probly both look like lumps of mjetal and thats abut it. suppose you could claim the poor ones as second hand.

getting a picture is good. posting here will get you the answer from carsten and others

Comment

The copy sells for 549 Euro, so price-wise there is a difference, but not so much you would immediately recognize it as a fake.

The 3 items to keep in mind when checking both designs are:

1. the internal flow route differences at the EM exit. The copy looks more restrictive
                2. the line that lays on top of the Wagner EM from left to right in the picture
                3. the stud holes do not have equal sizes on the copy EM

I find the color of the materials used on pictures not always easy to determine what material it's made off as a non-expert. A lot depends on lighting conditions.

Comment

just looks like the casting flash has been ground off the copy.

it does look an inferior cast too.

problem is most in the know already know not to buy these copies.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                      ht in the picture
                      3. the stud holes do not have equal sizes on the copy EM
                      Two holes should be smaller on Wagner EM.

Sau
                      200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                      CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw View Post
                        Two holes should be smaller on Wagner EM.

Sau
                        Really, I did not notice did when I mounted mine? I will take a look again on Wagner EM pics later. Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                          Really, I did not notice did when I mounted mine? I will take a look again on Wagner EM pics later. Thanks for correcting me.
                          You don't have to spend time . I have double checked it . Take look at rs2 mani.

Sau
                          Attached Files
                          200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
                          CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

Aha, yes I see it now. I really did not notice this before

Well let's focus on the topic and make sure Carsten does get this copy-cat to a stop.

Comment

Buyer beware...

they copyed our Text and even our Pictures... but selling something else

http://ksr.as/product_info.php?cPath...oducts_id=1956

Comment

Working...
                              X