Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time to move on

Good Morning.
    I have had the S2 since 2001 and loved every second, but its time to get something a bit more practical. In the new year i will be selling my S2 as i just dont get the use out of it i used to get in the UK. The rozzers over here are too on the ball to do any real speed runs, the nearest track is a 6 hr drive away and the car is not being used to its full potential.
    I am looking to sell the S2 and the Subaru and get myself a Touareg so i can do a bit of off roading--nothing major, also the touareg will tow a boat easily. Then just to keep the fuel expenses down i will also get another yaris as we had one for 4 years and it never missed a beat and ran on the smell of an oily rag.
    I have bought a new condenser, new filter drier and had most of the pipework replaced so the aircon will be fixed before i sell it. Its just had a service 800mile ago with the garbox, and diff oild done at the same time. I have every receipt since it left the showroom in 1994, from warranty replacement of the gearbox & clutch in 1996, to a full head rebuild in 2004.
    Sad day, but the truth is i just dont have the time and a place to play with it any more.
    I have a collection of new parts for the car which will also go with the car.
    It has just had both sides and the rear end resprayed as one side got damaged by stones being flicked up by a lawn mower at work, so work paid for one side and the rear end, i paid for the other side, so the bodywork is in excellent condition.
    I'll post an ad in the for sale section when i get back from the UK in January.
    Its been fun (and expensive) No one here understands the Audi passion thing and are not into going to meets. So the car is wasted.
    I'll still be around until i sell it,
    Cheers N
    Graham
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

It's a shame to read this Graham, particularly how difficult it is to get some good use out of the car. Hope you find another enthusiast who understands it and can exploit the potential!
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Whats the S2 worth in OZ Graham?
      Did Audi OZ import new S2's into the country.
      1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
      1995 Audi RS2

Comment

Just hope you dont regret it too much when its gone Graham... but I know what you mean about costs and not getting to use its potential on the public roads here. I've shipped so many parts in from the UK, Germany and the US so far I dont even want to know what I've spent on shipping alone - although it still often works out cheaper than buying locally IF a part is available locally.

Although mine is a daily driver so gets plenty of use and I should soon have all my parts for a 996 brake upgrade after which I'll get a few more track days in.

And I know no one knows what they are but it doesn't bother me too much and I kinda like the fact I have the only S2 within at least 2000km.

Anyway I hope you find a good buyer for it, I think this will be first one on the market here since I bought mine in May 2008. As there are hardly even any B5 S4s for sale in Australia at the moment you might find someone looking for one of those who would be keen to get into an S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfboy666GTI View Post
          Whats the S2 worth in OZ Graham?
          Did Audi OZ import new S2's into the country.
          I've read somewhere that there were 25 ABY Coupes imported by Audi and quite a few less now (possibly about 15 or so ??) as a few have been a few have been turned into rally cars and possibly wrecked....

Comment

sad but from reading it, totally understandable. You should be congratulated for actually getting it over there in the first place was a big effort

Hope the sale goes well

Cheers
            David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It is great going up against some of the bigger V8's over here and showing them a clean set of heels, and the coppers dont give it a second look. All in all it cost around $14,000 to get it on the road in OZ. If i come into some cash, i'll keep it and mod it like i always planned, but the last time i come into cash was in another life--lucky is not my middle name. I hope the touareg is a nice car--better had be, i want a V10, but will more than probably end up with a newer V6 tdi. The missus is stunned, she never thought she'd see the day i sold it.
              In Adelaide they done a check and said ther was less than 10 left as 6 had been exported to Asia, and a load have been written off, so they are a really rare beast indeed. Just hope someone looks after it, i have had some amazing times in it.
              Graham
              Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Mate, sad to hear this, its the end of an era, someone is going to get a great car.. Good luck to you

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

Hiya Graham,

Sorry to read the sad news... But I'm not so sure a Touareg will be any cheaper on maintenance and running costs.... Especially the V10. It's your call in the end of course.

Just stay well away from one that has that 'very prone to fail and will need loads of money to repair' hydraulic suspension system that some were ordered with Ok ?
                  Midnight Blue S2 - SOLD - 1993 S2 Avant

Comment

Sad to hear this Graham - but you are open and honest so its all understood. If you can find the right Audi phreak in the land of OZ then you should be able to make some decent money on the car as they are extremely rare down there.
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                      Mate, sad to hear this, its the end of an era, someone is going to get a great car.. Good luck to you

Comment

there was an immaculate light blue ABY in ACT (canberra) region when i lived there, from 2003-2005

was on 16 avus wheels but the guy had a bespoke "4 ring" exhaust back box (not my taste) but whoever it was loved that car

having had lived in oz for a while i understand your frustration re the over zealous cops- its such a shame they have these great roads and its almost always dry but everyone tailgates each other at 115-120kph scared to pass as they'll get a ticket

good luck with the sale

Comment

Working...
                        X