A few pics of the s6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few pics of the s6

I haven't posted any pics of the car to date because when I bought it the bonnet's paintwork was in a bad way. It had been resprayed previously. A few people suggested it may have been damaged by battery acid.

I've decided to keep her anyway so she'll be getting some attention over the next while. Collected her today from the paintshop with a freshly painted bonnet and rear bumper. On the way home the sun was shining and I decided to get a few pics. Only a camera phone.

I clay barred the car a couple of weeks ago and have to pick up a new box of tricks from the detailer guy so there will better cleaner pics to follow.
    Shane

nice ride

Comment

Shes looking smart

I really need to get our S4 resprayed as its gone past pink to a matt white at this stage. Who did the spray job for you?

I bought the DA kit and a bunch of goodies from Detailer.ie to do some correction on the avant. Spend most of the weekend doing a full detail with amazing results, worth every penny. Only problem is i can feel the OCD setting in
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Very nice , looks like they did a good job on the paint. Expensive?
        "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Comment

Thanks guys..

Andy in detailer.ie has a box of goodies waiting for me to collect too. Hopefully I'll get up to him this week. I was waiting to get the paint sorted out. The s6 will never be perfect as I doubt I'll invest enough money in her.

Pm on it's way about the guy who sprayed it. My coupe is looking a bit pinkish too
          Shane

Comment

Originally posted by dmacdou1 View Post
            Very nice , looks like they did a good job on the paint. Expensive?
            He left a few swirl marks on it to be honest but I'll get them sorted, a reasonable price for a good job I'm very happy with it.
            Shane

Comment

Euro winter look for the S6

Newer Audi A4 16" steelies, plastic spigot rings 57.1mm - 66.6mm & Vredestein Wintrac Extreme in 205/55 R16.

Here she is, I was running the worst possible summer tyres you could imagine. Understeer central and correction only by applying power to the rear. The car is completely transformed to drive, although some of the fun is gone. I've never had specifically winter tyres before but at 30mph I stopped 9 metres quicker on the same stretch of road.

Shane

Comment

[QUOTE=s2_wot;535216]Newer Audi A4 16" steelies, plastic spigot rings 57.1mm - 66.6mm & Vredestein Wintrac Extreme in 205/55 R16. The car is completely transformed to drive, although some of the fun is gone. I've never had specifically winter tyres before but at 30mph I stopped 9 metres quicker on the same stretch of road.[QUOTE]

Shane: Glad you got the winter tires sorted. Questions about your UrS6:

1. When was it built? I am thinking something like July or August 1994 because it doesn't have any chrome trim above the doors.

2. Could you possibly PM me a clear readable photo of your build tag (the square tag that is either in the boot as shown below or in the car's warranty/service booklet) so I can see what the trim code is (I will not share it but I will return a complete build tag breakdown):
                Attached Files
                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                  1. When was it built? I am thinking something like July or August 1994 because it doesn't have any chrome trim above the doors.
                  Seems to me like late run-out S6, so more like 1996-1997. (the car has S6+ wheels, black chrome around front grill and looks like black chrome around door trims)

I havent seen any S6+ spec late model LHD S6-s, so maybe it was offered only with RHD?

Comment

They look big for a 16" rim, anybody know if these will fit over a 323/996 brake setup?
                    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                      Seems to me like late run-out S6, so more like 1996-1997. (the car has S6+ wheels, black chrome around front grill and looks like black chrome around door trims) I havent seen any S6+ spec late model LHD S6-s, so maybe it was offered only with RHD?
                      Hmmm....I saw the S6Plus wheels but thought they could have come from another source. However, now that you have pointed out the trim and grill, it makes sense that Shane's car is a 97 Model Year (July 96 to June 97) build car. Here is a link to a UK UrS6 brochure that has many many "S6Plus" options available (look at the options price list link on the left of this webpage):

http://www.s6-audi.co.uk/index.php?o...id=16&Itemid=9
                      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

Shane: Glad you got the winter tires sorted. Questions about your UrS6:

2. Could you possibly PM me a clear readable photo of your build tag (the square tag that is either in the boot as shown below or in the car's warranty/service booklet) so I can see what the trim code is (I will not share it but I will return a complete build tag breakdown):
                        I'll get that tag for you, she was 1st registered in may 96 IIRC, it doesn't have the alcantara interior of the S6+ which was in the late 96 + 97 UK spec S6. Thanks again for the help on the tyres.

Originally posted by Zoig View Post
                        Seems to me like late run-out S6, so more like 1996-1997. (the car has S6+ wheels, black chrome around front grill and looks like black chrome around door trims)

I havent seen any S6+ spec late model LHD S6-s, so maybe it was offered only with RHD?
                        Curiously it's missing the headlight washers that should have been there.

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                        They look big for a 16" rim, anybody know if these will fit over a 323/996 brake setup?
                        When I got them I noticed there is good caliper clearance in the shape of the dish. There is one easy way to find out Mark, I'll meet you half way sometime with a trolley jack and a wheel brace. I updated a thread about steel rims I'll bump it there in a few minutes.

On another note I took the S6 badges off it, am currently looking for an A6 2.5 TDI badge and a towbar.
                        Last edited by s2_wot; 4 December 2010, 18:29.
                        Shane

Comment

Its a fine looking car Shane!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Lovely looking S6. I think I want some S6+ Alloys!
                            '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

Needed a wash pretty badly so I got a few hours at it over the weekend.
                              Wash, Tardis, Wash, clay, Wash, Megs16 x 2 coats (I'll never get to the bottom of that tin). Wheel brightener on the rims. Brings up a great shine, even for steelies.

Corrosion inside the headlight lens, soon to be sorted hopefully:

This is the only part of the paint that's in poor shape.

Couple of shots of the interior, again it's work in progress:

Then before I was finished I took the coolant expansion tank out si i could source a replacement.

Shane

Comment

Working...
                              X