Slotted / Grooved Brake Discs 314mm 323mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slotted / Grooved Brake Discs 314mm 323mm

As per the title, just wondering what options there are for sensible money. I've tried some plain discs and they've just not fallen in love with the DS2500 pads and have started to vibrate, mainly I think, due to some corrosion between disc and hub, leading to poor wear.

As I'm looking to replace my discs with Brembo ones anyway (to match the rears), I'm looking into other options. I've used grooved discs before and know that the braking is very good and consistent, although pad wear is laughable. Any pointers on a supplier of decent quality discs at a decent price, rather than the £250 or so that some manufacturers want! If I can't find any that suit, then I'll get the brembo plain discs.
    Last edited by Rusty; 7 March 2011, 14:08.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

These, these and these, are on the bay. The last lot look like my old ones.
    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

i had good life out of my old Brembo 323x30, plain faced S8 discs. Actually the quality of those appears to be far in excess of the current zimmerman ones (wish i'd paid more attention to what i was collecting from my local GSF at the time )
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Yeah, the Zimmermans on the car have gone wobbly, IMHO due to corrosion between the disc and hub, causing uneven wear. I've cleaned them all up but they're none too happy now. I think the original ones I had were 'National Brake' ones so I'm looking for them, they seem to be OK and are a sensible price.
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Finally got somewhere with this. Camskill do the National Auto brake discs in the various grooved / drilled / combo versions - the 8 grooves are £112 + £10 delivery. These are what I ran for 3 years before switching to the Zimmerframes, they did several track days and 'ring trips, never faded (with the DS2500s) and never juddered, overall, they did pretty well IME At that price, they're fractionally dearer than the plain Brembos and I'm just waiting to hear back from Brembo about Max discs...
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

good update Sir, might consider them once the zimmers have finally given up on mine
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I'll be getting some more, if Brembo don't do Max discs in 314s. The solid Zimmerframes did give more fade but I'm certain pad life will be better with them.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just ordered some National brake discs off Camskill.

They're 8 groove and are coated black to prevent rust (this is an option but was well worth the £13 extra!). I ran these before with DS2500 for a long time and they did really well, although pad wear is a little higher than can be exspected with plain discs.

The price was great at the same price as plain Brembos and half the price of any other grooved option I've seen! National are the manufacturer for loads of big brands, so quality is very good and the ones I have bought are the same style as Nitrac. If you're looking for something a little racier or for basic trackday work and don't want to pay the small fortune that everyone seems to want then they do S2 rear and 314mm/323mm A8 sizes, amongst others -

http://www.national-auto.co.uk/asset...ue_jul2011.pdf

Take the part number from the .pdf, swap the N (normal) for a P (performance), then specify grooved (8, 12, 16, spiral), drilled or drilled and grooved and finally, if you want it, then add a B for the black coating option.

314mm - PBD713G
                323mm - PBD1049G
                S2 Rear - PBD503G
                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

do you have a link to them on the plain awful Camskill website? I can't find them!
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I run National Brake discs(plain) and never had a problem with them, I also run DS2500 pads. I get them through our lass's dads place as he deal with them.
                    Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                      do you have a link to them on the plain awful Camskill website? I can't find them!
                      Special request so not on the website. They're more than happy to help over the phone though. What are ytou after specifically? I don't think they do a 276mm disc BTW

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
                      I run National Brake discs(plain) and never had a problem with them, I also run DS2500 pads. I get them through our lass's dads place as he deal with them.
                      These must be a complete steal!

Could get them cryogenically treated and still have change from Nitrac's prices ... Potential GB for you there Lee :mischeif:
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Special request so not on the website. They're more than happy to help over the phone though. What are ytou after specifically? I don't think they do a 276mm disc BTW
                        who needs 276mm discs?
                        I'm not in the market I just wanted to have a look and bookmark for futures
                        www.brakeparts.co.uk offer a grooved disc also for £86 + VAT each.
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Quite a bit more than the £135 I just paid, including VAT and delivery

Same company make discs for just about everything...
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Got these through and they look like black, grooved brake discs, which is nice Looking forward to getting them on to the car with some new DS2500s soon enough.

Excellent service from Camskill, even phoned me to say when they'd be delivered
                            Attached Files
                            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Just ordered the discs from camskill using the PBD1049GB code and I got quoted £90 inc delivery. Got to say they're very helpful on the phone. Let's see what come through in the post!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
                              1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

Comment

Working...
                              X