Pictures of my H&R Cup Kit and struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of my H&R Cup Kit and struts

Well took some pictures of my new H&R Cup Kit 29939-2 suspension and the green struts mounts i bought.

Just got it today, and to my surprise it is bilstein dampers Super cool and the price 732 euro

Well mount it this weekend and show some more pictures

/Jonas R.
    Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Originally posted by Jonas_R
    Well took some pictures of my new H&R Cup Kit 29939-2 suspension and the green struts mounts i bought.

Just got it today, and to my surprise it is bilstein dampers Super cool and the price 732 euro

Well mount it this weekend and show some more pictures

/Jonas R.
    It's going to be very colourful under your wheel arches Jonas.

David

Comment

How low wil you go? 60/40?
      Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Originally posted by Skull23
        How low wil you go? 60/40?

It will go 50/50

/jonas R.
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Jonas, what are the numbers on the bilsteins? Just thinking that are they the "normal" ones or has H&R fine tuned them somehow...
          -

Comment

hmmm, same 'kit' as mine but bought all the parts separately I think the only things thats different are the top mounts as mine are blues but once installed you will love it, gives a decent drop, stiffens up everything nicely and the ride is pretty good on everything except for very poor surfaces where sometimes it has a job to cope with up and down movement.

Cheers,

David
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
              hmmm, same 'kit' as mine but bought all the parts separately I think the only things thats different are the top mounts as mine are blues but once installed you will love it, gives a decent drop, stiffens up everything nicely and the ride is pretty good on everything except for very poor surfaces where sometimes it has a job to cope with up and down movement.

Cheers,

David
              Yeah i know, but you can buy bilstein dampers anymore to an S2 according to bilstein since they dont produce them anymore. Well mine is bought as a kit from H&R so perhaps, there is some difference in the dampers. What is the product number on your dampers? Can check tonite, if they are the same as mine.

Porkkis: Will check my numbers tonite, but accordint do danish distributers and bilstein, you cant buy bilstein dampers alone since they are not sold anymore. Sound strange if you ask me, but that was the answer i got when inquering on bilstein dampers.

/Jonas R.

/Jonas R.
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Well wrote down the number
                Front damper: PE3-3086, which is listed in bilstein's own catalog M55x1.5
                Rear damper P36-3058, also listed in bilsteins catalog however it is M52x1.5 the part number for the rear damper with m55x1.5 is p36-3017.
                So s2driveruk, what number does your rear bilstein have, since i might be shipping something back to germany

/Jonas R.
                Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

There are two front strut insert part numbers - I think one has a smaller diameter though not sure it that relates to an avant or if anyone knows if the strut was made larger shortly after production of the s2 started......anyways

Fronts on mine were: PE3-3086
                  Rears : P36-3017
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Guys , I have konis and I need H&R springs to match them. Any reference ? Maybe a part number ? 3B Coupe.
                    Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper
                      Guys , I have konis and I need H&R springs to match them. Any reference ? Maybe a part number ? 3B Coupe.
                      29939 is the part number, but there are a cup kit. Some dealers sell them seperately

/jonas R.
                      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

UH!

My set came in today. My rears are also P36-3058 as Jonas'
                        Did they fit or did you have to send them back and get the 3017s?

3058 seems to be listed as Coupe Quattro rear Sprint type and 3017 is sport. Sprint should be a shortened one.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
                          UH!

My set came in today. My rears are also P36-3058 as Jonas'
                          Did they fit or did you have to send them back and get the 3017s?

3058 seems to be listed as Coupe Quattro rear Sprint type and 3017 is sport. Sprint should be a shortened one.
                          No worries mate if you ordered the H&R CUP Kit you should get the P36-3058 as these are as you said the SPRINT damper which is the one that comes with the H&R Kit.
                          tjek out
                          http://www.etapp.se/images/products/...intdampare.pdf
                          It is in swedish, but i think you can understand it.

Well P36-3058 is rear sprint dampers and it fittet perfectly on mine
                          Pe3-3086 is front sprint dampers with M55 and fitted also perfectly on mine the 3017 are sport dampers which you dont wont since they dont works quite as well as the sprint dampers with lowering spring.

just ask if i did not explain it good enough or my english sucks

/Jonas R.
                          Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

OK thanks. The question was actually about the statement above where you said that 3058 is M52. So they're not.

I guess H&R likes to use the sprint as the rear springs are just about as long as the normal shock travel on standard (or sport) shocks and therefore they might leave the springs without any preload and that's something that our MOT testers do not like!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk
                              There are two front strut insert part numbers - I think one has a smaller diameter though not sure it that relates to an avant or if anyone knows if the strut was made larger shortly after production of the s2 started......anyways

Fronts on mine were: PE3-3086
                              Rears : P36-3017
                              Petri, I have the same reference at written above, but I am planning on using stock springs.

For the rear there is no distintion between M52 and M55 at the Catalogue, is only for the fronts.

BTW: I received one shock wrongly packaged, importer talked to factory and they told him they were out of stock but they would have new produced by april. So i bought it from Euro Car parts.

Cheers
                              94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Working...
                              X