Aaron: 847 AWHP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron: 847 AWHP.

so, i decided to dyno without tuning just to see where we left this season, for power. and it did pretty good i must say.

847 AWHP. 611 WTQ. and lots of tire slip on the rollers. 46+ psi, still with a small port head too. and still semi conservative with the timing. we have it mapped to limit boost @ 390 kpa but it finds 421-422 kpa on its own so whatever. it gets the whole 390kpa in second gear on the track. it works.

and i have pulled the plug on this season. work and weather are getting non-compliant, we only have a couple weeks left anyhow, and i figure why not. i wanted to hit it ONE MORE TIME with the sequential shifter now being back, but alas i just decided to skip it. i could quite possibly have gotten it down some more, but leaving off with 167 mph trap speed and still 9.41 is good enough.

my tuner has a car he works with, and they are having a hard time getting cams from CAT in a timely fashion. they have a BIG money race in a couple weeks, and another one in a month after. so, i pulled the motor apart and pulled the cams for them. team play!

one of the bigger changes i plan to do is an 8.8" live axle rear end and a 4-link setup. still Quattro (for now) and the ability to switch to RWD only is much easier at that point

I presume the 8.8" live axle/rear diff is running 4.11:1 gearing to match the 01E front diff??
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

yep.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rm...28-l/overview/

Comment

Some big numbers and fast passes Aaron, you must be pretty pleased with the car right now?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

good stuff.

shows the 4 pot can do it. as can you.

Comment

Those boost figures are running in to the area of the original F1 turbo motors. Congratulations are due to you sir!
            Chris
            "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

so, a little update.... a sad one. and things progressed as far as the live axle back half. it was too much work to take this car backwards, so i am just building an entirely new car.

this motor served me very well. but it is dead. i drained it for the winter, but did not pull the plug for the oem turbo coolant feed (i use an oil only turbo) and the block froze and shattered cyl #2. it still had a little water in there i guess. oh well.

building a new block (i dont want to use the new race motor that is going into the tube chassis car) so at least i get to tighten things up a little and i may just push it harder now, that it is all fresh and lovely. will be nice to spit out 900+ awhp i think, although i will not be running that anymore. i am turning back the boost to around 35-36 psi, using a stock RS2 gearbox, and gonna have fun while i build the 7 second chromoly tube chassis car. but the awd car will live on for awhile.

Comment

this is what i found when i went to fire up the car for race season!

so my son and i broke down a couple more blocks to use for the new motor

new bearings and rings, parts cleaned up well, and machining commences. line bore/hone mainline for billet mains, then bore block.

Comment

Working...
                X