Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im new to s2 help

Hello. Audi lover.
    ive have just bought my first audi 80 S2 ABY engine code. For some reason its missing the rear dif. So its driving as fwd. . The strange thing is everything on the car. Is from the rs2.
    but the engine. It seems to be this car was some one elses prodject. Who i have know bought the car off. I am thinking of putting the engine into a 90 coupe. On this car the engine has grass.growning out of it and seems to be missing parts. So all help would be good. On how i go about this. What should be my first steps which this engine. What should i be doing first. Like i said this will be muly new prodject and my plans will be to put this engine into a audi 90 coupe. Thanks

Some pics of my new hobby
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

wow nice find

Comment

Yes, agree. Very nice find.
        I can't see any Rs2 parts in the engine bay. What suspension have you got at the back? Is there an axle beam? Is this a two wheel drive car originally? If it's an original aby saloon, it's very rare and we'll worth saving. But if just a fwd saloon, yes find a good Quattro to swap the parts over.
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

This is in the car. But under the car is in the second pic.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

So that's a fwd car with a fake diff lock button
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

But under the car. Then engine has tge place where to put in the screws for the rear drive shalf. So its strange. Also it came with the rs2 streering wheel.hahaahah. and tge clock has 300 km on it. And the rear has the long peade of plastic where the number plate should be. So its all quite strange..hahahaha. im just on the hunt for some parts around the engine. Then i will hand crank it. To see if engine will turn. Then thinks buy parts for service.

Comment

What you have there is a front wheel drive car that someone has dropped an S2 engine in. The rear lights and clusters have also been changed. The dials look white which would indicate Rs2 spec. If you have a drive flange coming off the back of the gearbox, it's a Quattro gearbox. You can get the brackets to weld on to the chassis and all the rear end parts to convert it but it's quite a lot of work. If you have a Quattro B4 coupe or saloon, I personally would swap the engine and parts you have over.
                If it's sat for a long time, check the cambelt condition before trying to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

To me that car is worth more in parts than it it as a hole. Have to agree with Dave someone has taken a front wheel drive car and dropped in S2/RS2 parts.

Comment

Yeah the car has the flange for the rear diff. I was thinking of buying a audi 90 coupe. And swopping it all onto that.

Just to say thanks for all your time. And information. I will be posting few pics more 2morro. Of seats other bits. ??

Yeah looking like first plan is to do cam.belt change. Service. And try to start it. Then find new car .

Comment

It seems to have recarro seats in
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yes, looks like the real deal. Those are worth a fair few pennies now. What's in the back? Rs2 was only Avant and saloon seats are different. Now, with those seats and that front bumper I would be looking out for an 80 Avant Quattro
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Back seats
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice . Matching it would appear. What a shame that's not a Quattro saloon.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Heres my car and my.mates rs2 avant
                              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X