New RS4 v M3cs v C55 AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RS4 v M3cs v C55 AMG

Just read an article on the EVO web site on the RS4 versus it's current rivals.

Whilst heavy praise was heaped on the RS4 the writer still claimed that on the limit stuff, the M3 was still the better car, even though it was slower.

Why do these a***oles always miss some of the more obvious areas where the RS4 completley trounces the M3:-

WHAT HAPPENS TO AN M3 IN THE WET - IT APPLIES IT'S BRAKES
    Ther Audi is better built.
    Faster.
    Who want's to be seen in an M3
    The Audi is much more exclusive.
    It's not a BMW
    It's just so much more

I rest my case.
    95 S2 Avant Ming Blue - now gone and sorley missed:cry:
    2001 B5 RS4 Santorin Blue - MRC'd - now here:chit:
    88 Ur MB Quattro -Pearl White - The daddy!:cool:

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

Totally agree with you, writer is probably more interested in BMW cra^p...
    Glenn

Comment

You have put me in the mood to go m3 hunting in the slipper wagon now :mischeif:
      sigpic

Comment

im certainly up for a M3 hunt.........
        1995 B4 Audi 80 S2 avant 267bhp and 326lbft *sold*

2001 P38 Range Rover DHSE 159bhp and 255lbft

1985 Type85 Audi 90 quattro 135bhp 140lbft

Comment

Folks

The things that really *isses me off about most magazine road testers is their ability to go on and on about how much they can get the tail out blah blah blah!

Who in reality is going to take their brand new £50,000 motor onto a public road and try some of the stuff their doing with traffic all over the place - not many I bet! They don't give a toss because it's not their car their driving, but some press car.

On this test he mentions that the Audi is "phenominal up to 8 tenths" then it ultimately goes into Audi safe mode. Surley, the is this best compromise for most drivers abilities, if that is indeed the case.

I'll bet if some of these gits came up against some real driver they would sh*t their pants, and probably get wasted by some geezer in a transit van.

Classic S2 Avant billboard ad - "My other car's a Porsche, but today I'm in a hurry"

Comment

Originally posted by NorrS2
            probably get wasted by some geezer in a transit van.
            Like Clarkson did on the ring
            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Completely agree!, BMW has totally lost the plot over the last 20 years or so. And I too would have to hide in shame even to be spotted in or near a modern M3. Good a car as it undoubtably is, the image is absolutely dreadful!.

.....RS4 or even an S8 for me, every time!...Audi is the new, proper BMW of old.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc
                You have put me in the mood to go m3 hunting in the slipper wagon now :mischeif:

Comment

I know some BMW owners and they are all *ssholes with their nose in the sky. BMW is ALWAYS best no matter what they keep saying to me. So both the image and BMW-owners are real bad stuff. One time quattro,ALWAYS quattro Im on my second quattro now
                  2003 VW Passat Highline 130 TDI wagon with ALL options.

Comment

i can chase an m3 easy in wet... and mine is only 280bhp (chipped)
                    ... he was really all over the place.. trying to correct his slides

Comment

I dont agree with the writers of these articles, dont really quite understand what the average man wants to be honest.

Dont think I quite agree on the stereotyping of BMW drivers. My dad drives a 5-series and one of his dream cars is an RS6, he adores them. Having said that he also adores the new M5, and I 100% agree with him, both fantastic and very different cars.

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
                        Like Clarkson did on the ring
                        and by a lady no offence girls
                        1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                        2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                        3. H & R SPRINGS
                        4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                        5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                        6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                        7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                        8. fmic fitted

Comment

i cant speak for eveyone else but i think its just 3 series drivers that i get annoyed with.
                          as some one has mentioned already, that the 5 series are great and dont seem to have the big " I AM" appeal, and on average drivers of other BMW's are fine.

but i still wont let a 3 series drivers out of junctions just out of spite!!
                          1995 B4 Audi 80 S2 avant 267bhp and 326lbft *sold*

2001 P38 Range Rover DHSE 159bhp and 255lbft

1985 Type85 Audi 90 quattro 135bhp 140lbft

Comment

Heh I own a new X5 with xdrive in it, well to tell the truth it's better then quattro.

It grips less than quattro , but when you loose the grip it still controlable just like RWD bmw. But when you loose grip on quattro you are basicly already dead.

Was few times in situation when i should be dead , but was lucky the trafics stoped or the road was too wide. And i drive quattro for like 4 years already. Lost the grip once on large road(you call them small autobans hehe) on about 100km/h with tight traffic in winter. Well that was scary

Still prefer the S2 over X5 tho

Originally posted by S4-Sleden
                            I know some BMW owners and they are all *ssholes with their nose in the sky. BMW is ALWAYS best no matter what they keep saying to me. So both the image and BMW-owners are real bad stuff. One time quattro,ALWAYS quattro Im on my second quattro now
                            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Bmw s||ck its like the loud dog never bite

Comment

Working...
                              X