total audi soldiers on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merlin's S4 View Post
    I think was one of the few lucky enough to receive issue # 4 but unfortunately not lucky enough to receive the rest of my 15 issues or in fact any of my hard earned wedge back!!

As you rightly say this community is very friendly and unltimately far too trusting at times. I believed on this occasion that those of us who subscribed were helping a fellow enthusiast to create something which would be a great asset to the entire community. Instead we got shafted once again!
    All very true....

The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I did of course nick issue four from the dentists.
      Well! I didn't nick it, I asked Rob (my dentist) if I could have it

Thankfully the filling didn't leave as bad an after-taste as this scam did
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

i think i must have been one of the lucky ones err who got issue 4 would look forward to number 5
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

I wonder who on this forum donated issue 4 to the dentist?
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenM View Post
            We were approached to get involved and pick up the peices after things dried up, did the research and decided against it tho, poo sticks and all that. A shame it was't tackled differently from the outset, had so much potential but has now obviously left a nasty aftertaste. Getting another indy Audi mag of the ground would prove v v difficult coz of this saga, a real shame...
            Well I publically told David that it would fail, based on his plans and direction. I also explained why I thought it would fail and how he would need to change the direction in order to survive. It was however, rather similar to this --> as he quite obviously did not listen.

However, in order to keep the peace and prove that I was not just out to get him, I too stumped up for 15 issues. Unlike the rest of you, I actually received 3.5 issues (I am not prepared to accept that the 4th release was either a full or full-sized issue).

It is a shame that David Corfield does not have the common decency to refund some or all of the subscriptions, but he obviously has no moral regard or scruples. I have tried, so far unsuccessfully, to secure a refund so stand by that last statement as fact, not libel

It is also rather offensive that Mr Corfield continues to use this disastrous business venture to promote his journalistic abilities (Have you seen his website?). Whilst he may be a fair copywriter, he is obviously on a par with my 4 year old son when it comes to business acumen or even an understanding of his own industry

Tears n more tears

Si
            95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
            Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
            With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
              I have tried, so far unsuccessfully, to secure a refund

Tears n more tears

Si
              So this was you then?? >>> Linky

I would have just accepted an apology.
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Haha, i 'subscribed' back in sept 2003 when it was first announced, and the deal was even more comical, subscribe for a year and get a year free!!! can you believe that ******ks, never did see my confirmation letter and free 'print' of a sport quattro, or even issues 2, 3, or 4 come to think of it. Im suddenly feeling fecked off all of a sudden, issue 4 you say? oh what joy........ #'&8$@@##

Comment

Just to add the whole saga was a complete rip off!! I'm not tight by any means but hate being ripped off! I emailed David personally several times and not even had the common courtesy to reply. That gets me also! Think I have 4 issues though. Rant over!!
                  Missing her lots!

Comment

wasn't issue 4 the A5 size copy, full of stuff already released several months before by various other motoring mags?
                    I never heard back either.
                    I did eventually pass my 4 issues on and got a fiver for them !
                    Like others here I was prepared to stump up in front for an unknown. First time ever and probably the last as well........

Comment

Wow, I remember this ordeal! Can't believe that nothing ever came of it. I know exactly how it feels to be shafted, lied to, given false hopes and lose out because of my misplaced trust...
                      AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Hey, Ross i felt bad at losing £40. I would hate to think the sort of money you have "lost"

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I didn't realise nobody got their money back! I remember when it was posted up saying it's a new mag I won't subscribe until it's been going for a while.

Where the 4 magazines any good anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            I didn't realise nobody got their money back! I remember when it was posted up saying it's a new mag I won't subscribe until it's been going for a while.

Where the 4 magazines any good anyway?
                            I thought the photography was quite good, but on the whole the magazines were a bit thin, some of it was lifted from other websites and the rest involved David driving one of Audi's nice new models and reporting on it. Oh and David's UR quattro was a "project" in there.

It did have potential...

I will Simon take over from here....
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree. I was also taken for a ride whilst trying to help a new Audi publication.

Had huge potential but didn't quite go anywhere and was more of a pamphlet than a magazine . When you think of all the help offered over the forums, how could it fail?
                              Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                              S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

lucky

Think yourself lucky I did not even get issue one!
                                1986 Coupe q - 2281cc 3B, chargecooler, 2.75" exh & downpipe, ported head, water injection, CGR box, modified MD357 turbo, 440cc injectors, high power coil.
                                2004 A4 2.5TDi convertible, re-mapped to 180bhp
                                2011 A5 sportback 3TDi-Backbox delete, remap

Comment

Working...
                                X