Audi RS2 "CRB" front differensial drive shaft flange compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi RS2 "CRB" front differensial drive shaft flange compatibility

Hi, I have an Audi RS2 where I need to change the left drive shaft because it has been bent. I would like to use an alternative TDI drive shaft with tripod joint to gearbox because it is easyer and cheaper to get. My question is therefore, are there any tripod flanges from 01e gearbox or other gearboxes that fit bolt on to the CRB RS2 gearbox?
    I have seen that drive shaft from 2.5tdi a4 b6 has the right length and outer 38 splines joints but has a wrong inner joint.
    I am also open to other proposals for a solution with other drive shafts.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

A4 1.9 TDI(-99-00) with 01E has tripod flanges and should fit.

Comment

just a note. if you are running high hp or anything on your rs.. the tripod style cv are weaker than the stock one.. i have broken atelast 4 of them on my old mk4 gti with 320 hp only...

Comment

Thanks for reply. I think tripod shaft from a 2.5 tdi since it has 38 teeth by the wheel. To ask in a different way, what tripod flanges fits the CRB gearbox? Which drive shaft did you use then "s2dk", 1.9 tdi shaft? Is there any other drive shaft in the VAG range that can fit bolt on 108mm and 38 teeth 585mm length drive shaft. I have not found anyone yet has made many searches.

Comment

Many 01E diesel gearboxes have tripod flanges. The most common is DQT from 2.5TDi A6C5 Quattro (The most common at least in my place). There are also FWD Diesel 2.5TDi gearboxes as well.

Comment

Working...
          X