Searching for Wiring Diagrams for MB quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Wiring Diagrams for MB quattro

I'm after complete wiring diagrams for the MB quattro.

Everything I have found is either a dead end of illegible - seems like every link for this info is dead or fake
    Can anyone help?

Cheers
    Alex
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Maybe this site has what you need?

Circuit diagrams (stromlaufpläne - current flow diagrams) for the audi ur-quattro or uri with errata and notes, by model year and features.

Comment

Thanks Rob. Blank pages though, no content
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry Alex, my browser is misbehaving when trying to add a link. I'll just paste it below.
        http://www.sealtd.net/quattro/ishamr...p85/index.html

Comment

Hmm. I checked a few pages and they loaded up scanned images okay. Can you tell me the particular links of interest to you that are blank and I'll check an old PC for a site archive for you.

Comment

Cheers Rob, I'm looking for the circuits for the oil pressure warning light - maybe its my browser (Chrome) but none of the pages on that site load for me - just a blank page.
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Not wiring diagram but is this of any use?

Procedure for checking oil warning lamp control unit - MB engine. If the diode light in use is polarity-sensitive, try reversing the probe points before considering the test failed:
              • Remove the glovebox
              • Pull the control unit out of its position (6 - centre row, extreme right, "234" on top) in the auxiliary relay carrier.
              • Connect a diode check light (Gunson from Halfords or VAG 1527) to contacts 4 and 5 of the socket.
              • Switch on the ignition. The diode must light up. If still dead, check for a circuit fault using the circuit diagram.
              • Connect the diode check light between contacts 5 and 8 of the socket.
              • Turn the engine over with the starter motor. The diode check light must blink during the start procedure, and glow steadily with the motor running. If not, check for a circuit fault using the circuit diagram.
              • Connect the diode check light between contacts 2 and 4 of the socket.
              • Switch the ignition on. The diode must light up. If not, check the oil pressure sender and/or the circuit for faults.
              • Pull the connector G off the oil pressure sender G10. The diode must not light up. If it does, check for a short circuit using the wiring diagram.
              • Connect contact 6 of the socket to chassis ground using a piece of wire. The oil warning light must light up. If not, check for a circuit fault using the wiring diagram.
              • If all tests are completed successfully, replace the J114 control unit.

Comment

Cheers
                The car in question has a stroker swap using an ABY harness but there is a fault with the oil light being on constantly on the Digi Dash - trying to trace the fault and wiring diagram would be most useful - I'm assuming the warning light is activated by the switch or relay (if fitted) pulling to ground?
                Main issue is I can't find a wiring diagram, every link (as above) is dead or returns something illegible.
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

There is a thread on Classic Audi that sounds similiar!
                  Even those wiring diagrams linked to are not that helpful as there is no description of the component although there is a appendix to reference them. So you have to go backwards and forwards between them and they are in German.
                  I can see them. XP and Firefox!

http://www.classic-audi.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=24892
                  Last edited by twoqu; 19 May 2019, 22:07.

Comment

Think its something like this.
                    The bulb is earthed via the relay which in turn is earthed by the sender.
                    So one side of the bulb is connected to the relay Pos 6. The sender is connected to Pos 2 (and earthed via the engine block). Pos 5 is another earth. Pos 4 has 2 12v ign feeds (L15). It also appears to show a Pos 8 going to I believe the original ecu.
                    My eyes hurt so might have to take another look at that later!

There looks to be a discrepancy in the designation of that relay either as J150 in the dashboard diagram and J114 in another!
                    Last edited by twoqu; 19 May 2019, 22:51.

Comment

So taking all that into account, Pos 6 must be earthed to get the lamp to illuminate. So that means Pos 2 must also be earthed.All you need to do now is work out why. Perhaps its as simple as a dead or incorrect sender! Are the 10V and 20V ones the same?
                      Assuming nobody has messed with the original wiring too much. Quite possibly that they have used the whole Motronic loom rather than sort of integrate it into the cars electrics.
                      Last edited by twoqu; 19 May 2019, 23:31.

Comment

There appears to be two different pressure senders, the 10V one and the 20V one.
                        The 10V one has a higher rating (1.8bar vs 0.3bar) for the switch part.
                        However it does seem that in order for the lamp to be illuminated it has to be earthed.

Comment

Working...
                        X