Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 Avant boot light wiring?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and I own 2 Audi 80 B4's, a 1994 saloon, and a 1993 Avant ( which i bought as a project and is also the one I have the problem with!) I'm completely new to how the forums work so and advice will be greatly appreciated!

So the problem I have is that the 4th fuse in, a 15 amp fuse keeps popping, it doesn't matter whether the ignition is on or off. The fuse pops the instant you put it in! From the hand book I can see that the fuse controls; reading light, clock, trunk light, dome light, cigarette lighter, trip computer (which I don't have), make up mirror, anti theft, check system (don't think I have this either) , air con (haven't got this) , radio, illumination AG4 selector switch (which I presume is for an auto, mine is a manual!) I haven't got a radio for the car and the wiring seems okay, the cigarette lighter isn't plugged in, the dash is unplugged too, which has the clock in, and the wiring looks alright for the front light. I cannot find any wiring in the head lining for the rear light so I hope this is the problem! If anyone knows where the wiring runs for the rear light over the luggage compartment and or anything I could be over looking I'd really appreciate your help!
    Thanks, Max.

A common problem is the wires from the roof to the hatch. Lift the hatch and remove the rubber grommet the wires pass through. You might find damaged wires there which are causing your short. From memory, the wires pass down the c pillar but I will have to check my re build pics.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
    X