2013 A4 Allroad 2,0Tdi any problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 A4 Allroad 2,0Tdi any problems?

Got my eye on a really nice Allroad. Always loved them but never got round to getting one. Found one finaly that has everything i want. It has done 151000km/just under 100k miles. Anything i need to know that has to have been fixed or is going to break? I am used to old cars, newest car i have had was a 2008 B7 1,8T quattro. Otherwise its mostly been 2,2T, s 1,8T,s and the Odd S3. Any advice would be appreciated
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Is it ad blue version? They came in around then. If it is AVOID!
    The 2.0 tdi isn't as reliable as the older tdi's. I had a 09 2.0tdi A6. No issues up to 80k. Changed it for a 2014 A6 2.0tdi ad blue, no end of problems! I sold it before the warranty was out.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The 20tdi suffered with egt sensors on occasion and the inlet manifold tumbler motors. They are easy enough to sort but the inlet manifold is not cheap. Other than that they are pretty reliable.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I bought it today, very pleased so far. It does not have adBlu thank god. I am having the timing belt done for peace of mind. Seems to be common that the waterpump starts leaking around this milage. It is 7 years old after all. I would post a pic if i knew how, haha. If I hate it or it breaks down, i am not stranded. I have still got an 06 B7 1,8T quattro avant, a S6 C4 and my 80 Competition. And they all run! So a few reliable cars left in the fleet
        Last edited by fish; 3 March 2020, 10:05.

Comment

If its one of the water pumps that have the thermostat built into them they are absolute tosh and do just suddenly decide to dump the coolant. Having said that the cam belts are easy to do.

Comment

I have booked it in to have it all done at a mates shop. Unfortunatley they were fully booked for three weeks, but he was going to squeeze it in i think. Its not weeping at the moment, but i would rather be safe than sorry. It is after all a modern VAG car, that means anything can happen. Haha. Love the car otherwise. I sold my S6 C5 Daily and bought this instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
              Is it ad blue version? They came in around then. If it is AVOID!
              The 2.0 tdi isn't as reliable as the older tdi's. I had a 09 2.0tdi A6. No issues up to 80k. Changed it for a 2014 A6 2.0tdi ad blue, no end of problems! I sold it before the warranty was out.
              I dont think Adblue came on the A4 until 2015 19bhp Mines a 2013 177bhp

Comment

Working...
              X