Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Coupe quattto S2 clone Air box ideas

Gents,

Looking for some ideas on an air box for my Coupe project. Im doing an AAN swap with an EFR turbo in a 1990 coupe. Id like to avoid the cone filter idea.

Currently i have modified the 7A Airbox to fit the AAN MAF sensor but im wondering if the 7A air box is going to be able to flow enough. Any ideas on what works, aside from a ABY Air box .

Hi Sir,

I have almost no knowledge of S2 filter-boxes whatsoever, and no idea how much flow capability might be enough, but with the naturally aspirated, every little bit helps (as opposed to with turbo's, which is just cheating!). I have done some work on my 7A & 12V boxes which have helped them breathe easier (see at link to post #9 "Headlight Bucket" of thread below, start there and read down through post #20 (see also the link to Mance's workshop there) to the MAF housing by itself). I'm quite certain the limit on the stock 7A box is primarily imposed by the lid's unadorned exit port. I'm guessing but almost certain that the S2 box-lids all have a factory V-stack right where I've stuck mine (hint to Error404 - when you have time sir - that carefully lit interior shot of your RS2 filter-box lid's exit port: place photo near here please).

Link: Tour through...

Comment

There is nothing bolt-on except S2. If one wants to fabricate something OEM-style, the most worthy thing to look at is turbodiesel filterbox.
      Speaking of 7A filter handicap, 7A and S2 3B box bottom have the same partnumbers, only ducting differs.

Comment

Thats good to hear about the 7A box. If its the same bottom as the S2 then i will be ok. I will find a way to make it fit. Should bolt in semi easy. The ducting i can figure out NP.

Comment

Working...
        X