Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Registration Issues...

Hello,

I’m an American expat living in Germany and am currently undergoing the nightmare of registering my Finnish bought RS2 here.

The car has the 380 MTM pack (turbo, head, injectors, and exhaust) of which the exhaust is giving me major headaches. TÜV needs documentation on it and MTM says it no longer exists, meaning I need to pony up for a new exhaust. Additionally, my car is running a staggered setup in which the front wheels are 7J x 17 ET55 (original) and the rears are 8J x 17 ET52. TÜV says the rears need to match meaning I need one wheel (I have an extra original spare).

For the exhaust, I was thinking of going Supersprint but not sure I can get documentation for it (site says no ABE/Gutachten). Anyone have something for it? Any help would be wonderful here.

for the wheel, if anyone has one I’d gladly take it off you...

you can get your exhaust in the papers if you get the dp limit that is from factory at tüv. quattro always needs matching tires and wheels so you need to get them.

Comment

Maybe I’m not understanding correctly...If the exhaust doesn’t exceed the loudness level of stock, it can be added? Haven’t heard a stock RS2 before, but I’m pretty sure I’m over that limit.

Comment

Hi VRSEVL, the RS2 is a realy "silent" car with stock exhaust....
        Does your car got a german registration or do you need the §21 Vollgutachten ? Then it would help to know where you are from. I got an nearly stock RS2 from Switzerland and a was a horror show to get this car registered with our TüV here in Berlin ...

Comment

is not that hard how it seems. get an exaust with some papers and thats it if not try to messure the db with a smartphone and see what it comes to

Comment

Working...
          X