No announcement yet.

triggerwheel on 7A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Steve - it’d need to be matched to your flywheel, I’d suggest you speak to Steve or Henrick @ Vibration Free and see what they suggest - it might be you could give them both flywheels and they match to the imbalance on your factory unit
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post

stock 7A is 26 Yankee lbs, not sure how much is that in the Royal system
      Yes 12Kg for stock 7A flywheel
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I have made a few flavours, lightened 60-2, lightened 3B/7A spec with factory timing pin, RR quattro to use when fitting 20v engine up to the 016 box.
        Custom flywheels for multiplate clutch etc is no problem, just ask

Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by varia View Post

stock 7A is 26 Yankee lbs, not sure how much is that in the Royal system
          About 12 Kg

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            integrated ring gear
            Why not detachable ring gear? What if a tooth is broken accidentally?

Comment

Because an integrated ring gear is safer and and I have full control of the quality of my part, unlike with those buying in sweat-on ring gears from India or China with no quality control.
              You will not break a tooth like this on a chromoly steel flywheel - the integrated ring gear is not through-hardened so it is not brittle like a commercial ring-gear, and the material is far stronger.
              If you are really trying hard to damage it by repeatedly engaging the starter with engine running (why would you do that?) the worst you will achieve is raise a burr on the tooth edge. If you carry on doing this for many hours until the teeth are completely erroded, you can machine a register and install a commercial ring gear as with any other flywheel ring gear repair. If you did this though, you are likely to be too retarded to remember to breathe, so probably a moot point
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
              X