Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 90/ s2 loom same

Hi everyone,

just wondering if the wiring loom from a 1990 Audi 90 would be the same as a 1992 Audi s2 coupe, they both share a 3b engine I believe however I don’t know if there are significant differences

Thankyou, Tom

you need a 3b wiring harness for a 3b engine. its not the same.

Comment

If the 90 had a 7a engine then they are similar but not the same.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The 7A ECU's was made by Hitachi all the the S2/RS2 ECU's were made by Bosch, that should be enough to tell you their not the same...

Audi never made a 3B engined 90 apart from perhaps a couple of test cars that I'm not aware of that would be LHD, they made a couple of RS2 Saloons for example, these cars tended to be owned by Audi staff. Pity really as high spec 3B engine Saloon would probably have sold well until the S2 Avant came out, there are a few factory S2 Saloons but these are all B4 and ABY engine cars in LHD.

If you have a 90 with 3B engine it's a conversion. Is suspect your getting the B3 chassis platform confussed with the 3B engine code which is a pretty easy mistake to make.

However the engine looms are pretty much seperate to the main cars loom and the basic loom for the front half of the car is virtually identical, the back half is obviously different as there's another pair of doors.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
        X