Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying an S2 avant?

Hi all

i am fairly new to the S2 scene and if funds permit i will be looking to purchase an S2 avant in the not to distant future, now what advice do you guys have in term of where to look for these S2 avants and what to look out for..ideally want one with the brake and exhaust already upgraded, and i have seen one on here with a reiger kit on which looks the bomb...and what about mileage...any help appreciated...love the site.
    sigpic

There are tons of similar threads, if you search you will find some quite easily
    Also check out the buyers guide and info at www.s2central.net
    Mileage isnt an issue aslong as its been looked after etc, all the usual checks when buying a car apply.
    Make sure you get to give it full throttle in 6th from low revs right up to the red line to check its boosting properly.
    Ultimately, it would be good to take someone with you that is knowledgeable of them, if you put your location up there maybe someone localish

Comment

thanks for that i live nr guildford in surrey...if that helps
      sigpic

Comment

what sort of price should i expect to pay for one
        sigpic

Comment

They are going for 2.5k up lately, but Id rather spend abit more than get the cheapest out there

Comment

i saw a s2 on here by markt that looks awesome, that is deffinatly the sort of car that i want to own
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know the one, I love it too!
              I was alittle tempted when I sold mine, but an S4 was calling abit louder

Comment

without wanting to appear rude is his car worth the money he is asking, i know he has done a lot of work and he has reduced the price to 4749 or there abouts but looking around most S2's seem to go for between 2500-3500 ....dont get me wrong i luv the car and he has done to it things that i would do but on the same note you never get your money back spending money on these cars especially in the current financial climate..or am i talking coblers!!
                sigpic

Comment

From what Ive seen, I would say its worth it if all the usual things check out on a viewing/test drive etc.
                  You only have to do the maths, look at mine for example!
                  Buy a totally standard one and spend a fortune doing all the essential mods, or spend alittle more and get one thats already got them?

Comment

Infact, looking at it, its a bloody bargain!
                    Approx prices to add these to a standard one....

Homefry and samco's including Mark H mod £300
                    ITG cone filter (original aby air box available) £40
                    Intercooler spray £?
                    3" Miltek stainless exhaust from cats back £500
                    330mm front disks with Wilwood 4pot superlites £300
                    RS2 dampers £350
                    RS2 steel drop links (just fitted) £?
                    Original B5 RS4 alloys with brand new tyres (arches modified to accomodate) also a set
                    of 9" x18" racelines without tyres included £Dread to think!
                    RS2 black electric leather interior and carbon inserts £1k

Note that its got original RS4 wheels, all others have reps cause the originals are too wide for the arches.
                    This is the only one Ive ever seen with the arches like they are!

Comment

Originally posted by dest View Post
                      Make sure you get to give it full throttle in 6th from low revs right up to the red line to check its boosting properly.
                      Haha 150mph here we come! lol
                      Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                      03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                      01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

having never driven an S2 avant is there any one nr guildford who would take me out or let me drive their's... what sort of mpg am i going to get..i know its not going to be amazing but its nice to know...lol
                        my wife is going to kill me if i buy this, but you only live once .....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badvwboy View Post
                          what sort of mpg am i going to get..i know its not going to be amazing but its nice to know...lol
                          Never ask that question as you REALLy don't want to know the answer, but here are some clues.......Take the mpg from a normal diesel family car: -

Divide it by 2 = The best you'll ever get on a long slow run
                          Divide it by 3 = What you get if you are a bit lead footed around town
                          Divide it by 4 = What you get if you are very lead footed around town
                          Divide it by 6 = What I average on a track day (inc warm up/slow down and parade laps)
                          Divide it by 8 = What it actually average on the track :mischeif:

Are ya scared yet?

Cheers n

Si
                          95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                          Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                          With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Over the last 16,000 miles I averaged 22 mpg.

Comment

If MPG is a concern, or on your list of important considerations when buying a car, you are barking up the wrong tree

Comment

Working...
                              X