UrS4/S6 variations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrS4/S6 variations?

Does anyone know what engines were fitted to the earlier S6's (98 R reg) (UrS4 shape)? I thought they used the 2.2 20v Turbo AAN engine or two none turbos 3.something? and 4.something? on the continent? Did they use the 2.8 V6? I didnt think they did with it being only 193 BHP or did they do a different variation with more BHP? Iam goin to look at a S6 for a mate tonight and would welcome any info guys!

cheers!!

Glen!
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Two versions of the S6 were available, 2.2 20v turbo AAN @ 230bhp and 4.2 V6..

I've never seen a 4.2 though..
    Last edited by JasonS; 21 April 2004, 14:42.
    1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
    Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

the 4.2 was S6 plus wasnt it?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nope, the S6+ was a 326HP version, the S6 had 290HP on the same 4.2l engine. I think the + might have had variable length intake manifold runners and some other fancy stuff like that...

Cheers,

Mihnea
        '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
        info@MRCTuning.com
        Workshop Directions

Comment

Cheers Guys
          I found some info! and @ Mihnea, your right on the figures and the variable length intake manifold!
          Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

I was wrong, the 4.2 is a V8, not a V6..
            1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
            Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

Working...
            X