Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS3 Launched

This isn't a joke !

I saw a bloke reading AUTOCAR magazine on the train yesterday and it had an Audi RS3 on the cover. Anybody got the scoop yet on spec etc etc... ?

I haven't found much on-line yet. Should be an interesting car - even if it is still a rebadged Golf ;-)

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

According to RS246.com, 3.2 bi turbo, 350bhp. Should be fast in an Audi A3... Especially once the tuning firms get 500+hp out of em...
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Why oh why could they not have made an RS3 from the old shaped A3's! If this RS3 looks even remotely similar to the current A3's I'd be very upset. What an ugly beast of a car. But still, it would be great to see what it looks like with the flared arches (which might make the **** look slightly better!) and more importantly it would be great to see how it goes

I'm currently trying to convince my mate, who is looking to purchase a Volvo estate, to change his mind and buy an RS4 - then Im gonna try and convince him to let me drive it then Im gonna try and convince him to insure me on it then Im gonna try and convince him to leave it outside my house then... :mischeif: :mischeif: :mischeif:

Alps

Comment

I saw the same article. The "scoop" in Autocar has the RS3 with that new A6-style Whale-mouth front Grille. It was also "pictured" (as I'm assuming it was a CG rendering) with 19" alloys (like Dougs). NOT a subtle looking car.
        The article also talks about the new RS6 and how they're probably not going to fit it with the Gallardo V10 as it won't fit. I think they also mentioned the RS4.

I was very surprised to find that the new A3 is actually bigger than the S2 Coupe - one parked up next to me last week and it managed to make the S2 look like a "small" car. I guess the new 2-door S3 would now really the modern equivalent of our cars.
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Personally i don't think much of the huge grill on the new a3, or its general look, seems less attractive than the last one...

I think its using the same PDK clutch system as being used on the latest TTQ 3.2. If you've ever heard the S1 e2 with the PDK versus the normal clutch its no wonder Phil Short the co-driver for rohrl never managed to work out where he was on a welsh mountain road in the 85 RAC and ended up down a bank......just one huge seamless delivery of torque I think Audi UK have kept a PDK equipped S1 which was given to Rohrl as a leaving present - he decided to sell his S1 minus the clutch.....

Another dumb fact remember in place of someones birthday or anniversary

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I recently read a post on the audifans quattro-list where this guy was citing what he read in a magazine. Nice info on the le mans, new gen. s6, rs6 and the future of the quattro drivetrain. The bad news is that, according to his post, the next rs4 will not have a turbo engine. This really sucks if it's true.
            The rs6 also has a slighlty disappointing power output. But then again, these are only rumours.

Here's a link to the post.
            Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

I noticed this yesterday when in the petrol station too..... Those A3's are soooo ugly tho, kinda similar to the old shape, but looks like the bottom half of the original A3 has been stretched upwards and the top half squashed down on to it.

UGLY UGLY UGLY!
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

hers a pic

looks a bit nasty !
                DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

The A3 is stock trim does not look healthy.Give it to "oettinger" and it transforms.FInally a real sport car....too bad there all transverse layouts.
                  Guess we will have to wait for the next generation TT(insiders call it the A4 coupe) to come out with so many engine options its mind boggling.
                  Issam N. Abed
                  iABED Industries
                  iABED Email | Facebook
                  The build thread

Comment

I quite like the new style A3 - A near neighbour of mine has a black one and it looks very mean and menacing from certain angles. I'd be willing to bet that an RS3 will require the best part of £40000. You can already spec up the 3.2 A3 to over £30000, so I'd think they'll be looking for a bit more.

I see that they're also going to put the Le Mans into production next year. It'll have a €80000 price tag - Thats approx £55000. I'll take 2 of each!
                    ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I'd say the RS3 is a bogus information, at this time, the new RS4 will have a naturally aspirated V8 with around 420-450HP, and according to this trend started by the new S4, I can't see why Audi would want to do any more turbo engines.

The reason behind this is legitimate, too many warranty claims on the previous S4/RS4 because of crap chips or because of poor reliability on standard turbos but it's obviously cost Audi way too much geld and now they're not willing to leave tuners any chance.

That's 0.02,

Mihnea
                      '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                      info@MRCTuning.com
                      Workshop Directions

Comment

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

ex '93 Avant owner

Comment