Help needed: Elctric windows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: Elctric windows!

On my 94 S2 coupe LHD the drivers side (left) window has stopped working. When i push the button all that happens is a relay marked 362 or 326 starts clicking. its a double relay, passenger side works fine. I took the relay appart but nothing looked wrong or burnt. The odd thing is, that when i press the passenger side button nothing happens with the relay. Not on either side as its a double relay. Whats my problem and is this the window relay or do i have other issues??

Greatful for help as electrics are not my good side...
    Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

nobody?? Im real crap at electrics...

Comment

Try these threads...

Thread 1
      Thread 2
      Thread 3

Ck.
      Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Everything works fine pre-select sunroof, and passenger window. its just the drivers side that will not go down. It started like this, First i had to press the button fast and hard to get it down, once it went down it would go up fine. but now it refuses to go down and the only thing i hear is the relay clicking for it´s life! Should i try another relay?? Or is it deffo the thermal switch or what it was called?? Cheers!

Comment

Nobody??

Comment

If it's related to how hard you've had to push the switch, then I suggest the switch is knackered and you get one off ebay to replace it.

If the switch is fine, then - like a lot of people here have had to - I suggest you look at the relay. The other threads discuss this in detail. (If it's a dry solder joint in the relay, you just need to fix that rather than buy a new relay, although you could probably get the right relay off ebay as well at some point.)

Can you hear anything in the door? The motor/mechanism could be stuck. You might be able to tell if it's this by (without the engine running) turning your headlights on and pressing the window button. If power is getting to the motor but it's stuck, I would expect the headlights to dim a little as the motor strains.

If it's something else, then you might need a multimeter, a wiring diagram and some time to trace the electrical paths around the car to discover where the fault is.

Ck.
            Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Thanks for the tips mate.

Comment

Working...
              X