• Show
Clear All

• Is the new Audi "A1" Cool?

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=20300

I think so.

What say you all?
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

pretty cool for a super-mini
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

IF it looks like that with the big grill i`d say yes
      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

i dont like the hood, but everything else looks very good. but again it will have the engine turned the wrong way
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

But they're already taking about an S1 - which to me is a fire spitting rally monster, not a nippy little hatch

Ck.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

er no.

it looks like one of those 3 in 1 citreons or whatevery they are where the roof can come off.

audi would be better off putting the ur q back on the road with some additional safety kit ala south african mk1 golf classic.

Comment

Here's my prediction... it will be cool for a while - like the UrTT - until they are everywhere and become as common as the neu-Mini...

Would be fun if they made an 'S1' - especially if they homologated a version for WRC in pocket rocket fashion. Wouldn't be a match for a firebreathing proper S1 but still fun.
              Paul Nugent
              Webmaster http://S2central.net
              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Oh no, this means sooner or later we will have to call the S1 the Ur S1, that's just wrong.

Comment

Is this the final design? I have seen this picture a long time ago. The design nowadays has a single frame with cut top edges. If AUDI ever would make a proper S car I would be very surprised. This would mean Quattro which no basic body of the VAG Group has afaik.
                  Marcel

Comment

Needs to be light and nimble, a rival for the Mini and Clio, BUT Audi will just make it a stodgey, fashionable mess and miss the boat.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
                    X