Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new car

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of an audi s2, from 1991. As fas as I know with all the extra options, leather, airco, cruise control, electric windows at the backdoors etc. The car has done 124.000 km. It is the dark blue colour equipped with porsche Turbo alloys.

Tonight we went for a look, the car really looks amazing. No scratches or anything. Even the interiour looks very well. After the outside inspection we went for a drive. My two friends and the owner wanted to drive with me. During the drive I pushed the peddel, till 4500 revs, but I wasnt really impressed by the acceleration. Is it possible that the engine must come to life again, it hasnt run for over 5 months.

I dont have a good picture yet, only the one that owner placed to sell the car.

Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Nice looking car. Those wheels look good
    Now RS2'less

'99 VW Passat VR5 Sport

Comment

Hi Eric,

Dutch car??

Well, I feld the same when I went for the first drive in my 1991 S2.
      The collegues who made a drive with me felt the same way, until they looked at the speedometer. The car just doesn't show how fast you going.

Must say, I now have some Mihnea "home fried chips" in the ECU and the car is hammering a lot better, it now does give the feel...

Regards
      Carlo

Originally posted by Erikb
      Hi all,

I am the proud owner of an audi s2, from 1991. As fas as I know with all the extra options, leather, airco, cruise control, electric windows at the backdoors etc. The car has done 124.000 km. It is the dark blue colour equipped with porsche Turbo alloys.

Tonight we went for a look, the car really looks amazing. No scratches or anything. Even the interiour looks very well. After the outside inspection we went for a drive. My two friends and the owner wanted to drive with me. During the drive I pushed the peddel, till 4500 revs, but I wasnt really impressed by the acceleration. Is it possible that the engine must come to life again, it hasnt run for over 5 months.

I dont have a good picture yet, only the one that owner placed to sell the car.

No power, no glory!
      S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Saterday I will pick up the car, I will have to drive around 200 km back home again. During this trip I will take a closer look. The owner didnt understand the car quite well, he told me that the car could be chipped. Is it possible to see if the car is chipped?

after the test drive i took a look at the bar meter, the car was warm, it showed a bit more then 1 bar. Is this ok?.

Comment

With my previous car, clio williams, I had to open the computer to see if the car was chipped. Do I have to do that with audi as well. Or can you see at at rev meter, can chipped cars do more revs?

kind regards

Comment

Hi Erik,

standard max pressure =0.8 bar overpressure. My chipped 3B runs 1.6bar max.
            Where did you check the pressure?

Opening ECU is the most sure way (looking if it already has been opened would tell you something already)

The home fried chips (here at S2forum available) give a "turbo boost" when flooring the pedal just over 3000rpm in 3rd gear!

Where are you picking up the car and where are you living??
            You are welcome to have a drive (with me in my car) to feel the difference.

Let me know if you would like to.
            My holidays start today however so the trip would have to be in three weeks

Regards
            Carlo
            Heesch
            The Netherlands

With my previous car, clio williams, I had to open the computer to see if the car was chipped. Do I have to do that with audi as well. Or can you see at at rev meter, can chipped cars do more revs?

kind regards
            No power, no glory!
            S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Saterday I will pick up the car, I will have to drive around 200 km back home again. During this trip I will take a closer look. The owner didnt understand the car quite well, he told me that the car could be chipped. Is it possible to see if the car is chipped?

after the test drive i took a look at the bar meter, the car was warm, it showed a bit more then 1 bar. Is this ok?.
              Heyy Erik,

Nice car you've bought!
              I had the same experience when i first drove my S2 ( 93 ; ABY ); that it didn't feel that quick. Until i floored it 3th gear and the overboost came in play..

My bar meter is showing some other figures :
              When hot ( normal ) at idle 1,8 - 1,9 bar
              When really hot ( long high speed drive ) at idle 1,4 - 1,5 bar
              Temp gauge never exeeds 95 degr ( fan kicks in ) . Oil temp normally 80degr , after long high speed driving 100 degr. Highest oiltemp ever reached was 125 degr ; that was after one fast round on the Nurburgring last summer ( 33 degr ambient temp )

have fun with your car!!
              Keep it in one piece while exploring the limits of adhesion ( especially in the wet ) ; S2's can bite..

regards
              Patrick
              completely stock S2 except for the brakes and airfilter

Comment

Thanks for all the reactions

Is there maybe something of a boost safety when the car isnt warm yet?, so that the car isnt running at full boost?.
                could another possiblity be that the wastegate spring isnt strong enough, or am i talking bull**** now. This is my first turbo engine, so i am not yet familliar with al the details.

Isnt the car giving full power in the first two gears?

Comment

Thanks for all the reactions

Is there maybe something of a boost safety when the car isnt warm yet?, so that the car isnt running at full boost?.
                  could another possiblity be that the wastegate spring isnt strong enough, or am i talking bull**** now. This is my first turbo engine, so i am not yet familliar with al the details.

Isnt the car giving full power in the first two gears?
                  I wouldn't know about boost safety ; i always drive about 15 km before i floor it, the engine is warm then.

For technical questions you can search this forum or talk to Audiparts ( located in Erp , Brabant ) ; i never had problems with my wastegate ( or spring ) so i wouldn't know how this problem feels like. ( BMW 330i can't get past me so i think everything is still OK ??)

I believe there's no full power in 1st gear ; but i never tried it. It is hard to believe but i never floored it on a dry road just to see how quick it really goes from 0 - 100 km/h. ( and i have my car for 3 years now ) I like to drive fast but curves are more fun and tyres are cheaper than clutches / drivetrains.
                  But everybody should have their own fun.

Let Audiparts have a look at your car ; they get most of the S-models for maintenance and tuning in their workshop.

Good Luck
                  Patrick

Comment

A sensible driver, thats what I like to see!

Comment

Thank you paul for the reaction.

I will certainly give audiparts a call and ask if they could check my car. I thought about bringing the car to an audi garage but I think this will costs lots of money. I just want to make sure that the car is fine, maybe they can also check if the car is chiptuned.

Is it wise to tank Shell V-power for the first two tanks? The car did only drive for 140 km in 5 months. I heared that it works fine for cleaning older engines. I just dont know if it damage the engine when it is chipped. I heared that it is ron97. Normally I tank ron98 with my chipped clio.

Comment

Thank you paul for the reaction.

I will certainly give audiparts a call and ask if they could check my car. I thought about bringing the car to an audi garage but I think this will costs lots of money. I just want to make sure that the car is fine, maybe they can also check if the car is chiptuned.

Is it wise to tank Shell V-power for the first two tanks? The car did only drive for 140 km in 5 months. I heared that it works fine for cleaning older engines. I just dont know if it damage the engine when it is chipped. I heared that it is ron97. Normally I tank ron98 with my chipped clio.
                        Inside tankcap there's a sticker wich says 97 ron at all times. But V power can't do any harm i guess. In germany i always fill her up with Vpower 100 ; in Holland we can only get Vpower 99. In case of tuning you should consider adding octane booster.

Comment

I thought that the v-power which we can tank in Holland is ron 97, on the billboards and the tanks they named it 95, for clarity.

Comment

Erik, id suggest connecting a boost guage to it to see what its producing, quite possible you could have a leak, check the short hose on the intake pipe on the left of the cam cover (about 70mm diameter) this is one of the main culprits on the 3b,
                            i had exactly the same feeling when i bought mine, didnt feel that fast at all, this pipe had a split in it on the underside, was only getting 0.4bar instead of 0.8.
                            but i bought the car anyway..lol

martin

Comment

I was in germany most of last week and did see that v-power 100 stuff, didnt notice much difference to optimax that we have in the uk.
                              the austrians have it also.
                              the czech republic sell optimax at 55p a litre....its 87p where i live.....damn goverment

martin

Comment

Working...
                              X