Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody with a "live" contact at Abt Tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody with a "live" contact at Abt Tuning?

I have sent Abt four emails, two in English, ein auf Deutsche and then one more in English, asking, begging, pleading for more info about their 2.0L AAN UrS6 conversions as documented in the Feb. 1996 issue of the Italian magazine Gente Motori. (Abt used a 77 mm throw crank probably from an NM engine but I want to know what they did for pistons and rods). I haven't even received an acknowledgement that they have received the emails.

Anybody know a real person at Abt that I could contact to get a bit more info on this?

Thanks in advance.

Dave F.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Presuming you've only contacted the German head office, try the UK dealer. Haven't got direct contact name but contact info below:

http://www.abt-sportsline.co.uk/company/contact-us

My guess is, they'll only really deal with newer stuff tho.

Comment

I contacted the Uk dealer when I was looking for a placement and, although they couldn't offer me anything, someone called me within 20mins of me sending the email to explain the situation. Very helpful!

Comment

Was there at their hq in Kempten in 2000 and was given a tour of the place.

They were very helpful when I contacted them. I'll see if I can find any info from when I was there.
        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Why would you want to go to a 2ltr? Unless you are intending to oval track it and looking for a better rod ratio for sustained high rpm?

Anyway easy enough just get some rods made to spec. take the stock stroke deduct the new stroke then add this to the stock rod length. Hey presto a destroked motor.
          UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenM View Post
            Presuming you've only contacted the German head office, try the UK dealer. Haven't got direct contact name but contact info below:
            http://www.abt-sportsline.co.uk/company/contact-us My guess is, they'll only really deal with newer stuff tho.
            Thanks.

I used the link to ask for a contact in Kempten. Unfortunately I probably just missed them today (8:06 AM in Canada = 5:06 PM in the UK). Wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by RWD19T View Post
              Why would you want to go to a 2ltr? Unless you are intending to oval track it and looking for a better rod ratio for sustained high rpm?
              Anyway easy enough just get some rods made to spec. take the stock stroke deduct the new stroke then add this to the stock rod length. Hey presto a destroked motor.
              I personally don't want to make the conversion, I just want to document how the conversion was made (as part of my ever-expanding UrS info archives). I am particularly curious whether they had to use custom rods and/or pistons or they were able to use existing Audi/VW parts.

I have purchased a copy of the Feb 96 issue of Gente Motori and it has a few hints, e.g. 77 mm stroke and 8.8:1 compression ratio, but no enough to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Thanks. I used the link to ask for a contact in Kempten. Unfortunately I probably just missed them today (8:06 AM in Canada = 5:06 PM in the UK). Wait and see.
                Got the answer back from Abt in Kempten:

"Dear David,

I got your mail through Abt UK. Sorrily we have no "track keeping" or "historical division". Usually we are keeping details for about 5 years and support our products also for this time range. Things happening during time we don't know (on customer side) - details of how tuning is made are not supplied in general - even after 15 years.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards
                Oliver Metschke"

Dayum.

Comment

Working...
                X