X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi are gonna build an SUV!

See this MSN article http://cars.msn.co.uk/CarNews/CarNews29092004/
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Yuch - looks like a fat A2 on stilts in those pics - maybe it will look better in the flesh.

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
      Yuch - looks like a fat A2 on stilts in those pics - maybe it will look better in the flesh.

Paul
      :mischeif: why does every car company decide that vans are trendy :mischeif:

Comment

Cos the western world is full of 'soccer moms' that feel they and their screaming kids are only safe from harm in something that towers above normal motorists, weighs three times as much, has lots of chrome and whatever other trinkets are needed in a pathetic attempt to keep up with the Jones's. They are predominantly paid for on long term credit/loan agreements - such is this countries fascination with racking up as much personal debt as possible. The others are company owned cars of course - tax deductable and all that sheet. Rant over.....
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Rant continued.........

I see so many X5s and Cayennes around I wonder where people get the money from. Either there are a **** load of rich people out there or a load of dumb asses who put themselves into hoc forever to look like pricks

rant over............
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

...speaking of BMWs and pricks....

what's the difference between a porcuppine and a BMW?
            the porcuppine has the pricks on the outside
            Joe "NoNonsense"
            axis motorsport
            joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

I heard an item on Radio 4 a while ago where they interviewed a chap who runs a 4x4 centre in Essex.. he wasn't very nice about his customers.
              He said that most of his customers were men who thought that their wives would be safer driving a vehicle that is higher up and has more metal around it.
              None of them were interested in going off road, they just wanted to make sure that all the toys inside were working.
              "If it comes with a heat-seeking missile launcher, they want to know that it works, although they'll never use it" was one of his comments.
              "They are more interested in putting screens in the headrests and bullbars on the front, than how safe it is" was another.

I think they are ridiculous.. I know Volvo didn't really want to make an SUV cos the centre of gravity is too high and it's just not as safe as a normal car, but they buckled under pressure.

Oh well, at least we'll be able to upgrade our cars with the new brakes that they stick on this thing..
              1996 A6 TDI Quattro Avant, Xenon HIDs, A4 Autodipping rearview.
              Previous: UrS6 with RS2 bits.. <sigh>

Comment

They've been on about building it for ages. It's basically another touareg/cayenne version. Maybe SEAT and Skoda will bring out cheapo versions in the next couple of years

Ben
                the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Crap horrible type of vehicle. If you want the wife and kids to be safe, keep them at home. At 60mph in any car in a head on crash, your fooked anyway. Game over. Doesnt matter what car your in.
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

I have no scientific proof of that comment, but i dont care. Drive whatever if you like it. You will still die if the crash is bad enough.
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                      At 60mph in any car in a head on crash, your fooked anyway. Game over. Doesnt matter what car your in.
                      I beg to differ...i was hit on the drivers side by an oncoming ******* who decided that going 90km/h was cool enough to take out my Mi16.I loved Peugeot's to death but it saved my life.
                      I have owned 2 Audi 80's that were written off and i would say for the record they are some strong fawkin cars.
                      But yes moms cant drive so putting them behind the wheel of a tank isnt going to help.
                      Issam N. Abed
                      iABED Industries
                      iABED Email | Facebook
                      The build thread

Comment

All those soccer moms would be a lot safer if they would just hang up their f**king phones and drive.
                        Mark Siggelkow

'90 CQ 20vT - NASA GTS-5 (R.I.P.)
                        '90 CQ-R - NASA GTS-4/5
                        '00 A4 1.8TQMS (Wife's Daily Driver)
                        '12 TT-RS (Wife's new DD, on order for May European delivery)
                        '62 Porsche 356B (another race car)
                        '03 Kawasaki Z1000 (toy)

Comment

Originally posted by RSCoupe
                          All those soccer moms would be a lot safer if they would just hang up their f**king phones and drive.
                          Replace "soccer mums" with "BMW drivers" and that still works really well. (Replace it with just "drivers" and it also makes a lot of sense.)
                          Ck.
                          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Wheels look alright on this car. wouldn't mind a set....!!

Comment

It looks like an Alfa 156 sports wagon from the back!

David

Comment

Working...
                              X