S2 Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Thermostat

Those of you who have been owners for years are gonna laugh at this, but here goes:-
    Under the inlet manifold is an aluminium water manifold feeding the top hose, and no obvious thermostat housing. Where is the thermostat, is it built into the Head end of the top hose? The car is a little slow to warm up, and doesn't reach more than mid-way between cold and 90c, unless in traffic- I'm assuming this is is too cold?

it's under that ali water manifold

Comment

Cheers Spink, I only had time for a quick look today, before it got dark. Is it in a separate housing then, or is there a part of the water manifold low down that I can't see. Please tell me I don't have to remove Inlet manifold to get at it?
      Tony.

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ght=thermostat
        Chef

Comment

Thanks Terry, lots of info in that thread. I'll have another look tomorrow in daylight cos it's like a bl**dy disaster movie outside!

Comment

There is a step by step guide with tool list and instructions on Mike's site

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...at_replace.htm
            Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Just been outside to have another look, as the rain subsided a little from Full-On Monsoon, merely to - as the French say "Like a Cow Pi**ing" , and now I can see it. Obvious now; but I really wasn't expecting the 'stat to be on the return from the 'rad. Was my WR the same???

Comment

So much useful information. I am very glad that I joined you!

Comment

Working...
                X