Is this a con or genuine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a con or genuine?

Hi Guys, while searching ebay, came across this TT for sale it looks all good, seller has good feedback. The only thing that its at least £10,000 too cheap, now either the seller really hasnt got a clue, or there is something funny going on. I was considering bidding for it, as i'd like a 2003 TT for £4000 (wouldn't we all!), but thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any views/ advice before I do.

Ebay link here!!

Cheers
    Rosco

Hmm, I guess it was too good to be true, has now either been removed or vanished......oh well?

Comment

Originally posted by RoscoS2
      Hmm, I guess it was too good to be true, has now either been removed or vanished......oh well?
      Yeah just offered him 5000 cash and he ripped my hand off
      Ragusa Coupe gone!
      sigpic
      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Ha ha.... as I guessed, the nigerian con men are at it again!! Apparently Ivan Stone wants £5500 for a 2002 BMW M3 worth about £40,000.

This is the e-mail I recieved back:

Hello,
        my name is Ivan and first of all I want to thank you for showing interest in the cars that I have for sale.
        Second thing that I want you to know is that recently I have moved in Italy with my family so that my wife can be closer to her parents.
        This is the main reason I am selling these 2 cars for so low prices.I took the cars with me here (one is mine and the other my wife's) with the intention to register them here and drive.
        That was not possible because these are Uk specs and are made for Uk streets,right hand drive and other features that don't allow to be registered anywhere else except UK.
        So here are the cars and short description of each:

SILVER 2003 AUDI TT COUPE* - The price is £4000
        Engine Size:* 1,800 cc
        Mileage:* 7700
        Model Year:* 2003
        MOT Expiration Date:* May 2005
        Year of Registration:* 2003
        Road Tax:* 19 Months Remaining
        Transmission:* Manual
        Right-hand drive/Left-hand drive:* Right-hand drive
        Options:* Alloy Wheels, Catalytic Converter, CD Player, Climate Control, Electric Seats, Electric Windows, Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Premium Sound System, Rear Spoiler*** Safety Features:* Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Immobilizer, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners, Side Airbags
        Fuel:* Petrol
        UK CAR WITH FULL WARRANTY
        GENUINE 7,700 MILES
        BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
        BOSE SOUND SYSTEM
        XENON HEADLIGHTS
        FACELIFT MODEL
        18 INCH ALLOY WHEELS
        TAXED UNTIL MAY 2005
        NEVER SMOKED IN
        100% GENUINE UNMARKED CONDITION
        MANUAL SIX SPEED GEARBOX

GRAY with red leather 2002 BMW M3 CONVERTIBLE - The price is £5500
        Engine Size:* 3,240 cc
        Warranty Information (Months Remaining):* 7 Months
        Mileage:* 30000
        Model Year:* 2002
        MOT Expiration Date:* Dec 2005
        Year of Registration:* 2002
        Road Tax:* 1 Month Remaining
        GREY METALLIC WITH RED SPORTS LEATHER SEATS, SAT NAV, CD MULTICHANGER, 19INCH BMW ALLOYS FROM NEW, HEATED SEATS, XENON LIGHTS, TOTAL CLOSURE POWER ROOF,MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL, REAR PDC.

Both cars are in EXCELLENT condition,HPI clear and ready to be registered in UK in your name.I have all papers and logs that you will need to make the registration.
        I will provide bills of sale in your name to prove ownership.All keys and user manuals will be delivered.
        I have a connection that works for Lufthansa Airlines and I can get a great discount on shipping and so I can send these anywhere in Uk for only £200 extra on the price.
        They have never been involved in any accidents and always stored in heated garage.

So once again few important things:
        -excellent looking and running* SILVER 2003 AUDI TT COUPE and GRAY 2002 BMW M3 CONVERTIBLE
        -shipping for each car will cost you extra on the price only £200
        -UK models with UK specs
        -HPI clear and ready to be registered
        -down payment accepted this means that if you want to come here and test drive one of these and take it back home you will have to secure the car with 25% from the total price.

To make the car-money exchange we will use ebay help and their protection.
        Payment and down payment are both 100% refundable,meaning that if you wont like te cars you will get your money back but I am sure it won't be the case as they are state of art looking and running sports cars.

Get back and let me know if you ae interested in more details.
        Thanks

Might have to play along for a laugh. Tell him I want both.....lol!!

Comment

Think we all should, bidding war, where to stop! He'll be e mailing for days:-)
          Ragusa Coupe gone!
          sigpic

Comment

Ha ha, the bait was taken! I now get an extra 15% discount.... lol

My reply:

Ivan my friend I am very interested in both cars, I have loads of money to spend!!!!

Tell me do you have any other cars for sale? My friends will be interested, I have many!

Please how do I collect the cars? Shall I meet you somewhere with the cash?

Look forward to hearing from you.
            Sir Rosco

His Reply:

Hi there Sir Rosco,*I am realy glad that you have replayed to me so soon.

As i have told you i realy want to sell the car realy fast meanning this days so waiting for you in here it is a bit hard for me to accept unless you will come in the next few days.

I know that sending a large amount** of money like in our case it is not a very easy thing so i prefer to make the deal by the eBay square trade.They will supervise the deal and none of us will have to be woried about the quality of the car or of the transfer of the money.

To proceed with my part of the deal i will need your full name ,shipping adress and ebay account so that they can send you the payment details.Once the money have been properly deposited in* the squaretrade account on my name*, they will announce me and i will shipp the car next day.

In case you are interested in both i am willing to offer you a 15 % discount.

Please let me know your answer as soon as you can so that we can proceed as soon a spossible.

Regards,
            Ivan Stone

Comment

Ask im if you can mud wrestle his elderly relative, probably only charge you a fiver, what a tosser
              Ragusa Coupe gone!
              sigpic

Comment

Ask him where he gets his Tax disks from as I could do with one of those 19 month disks.

I'd also be wary of the TT. Its a 2003 car, yet it needs an MOT in May 2005

But at least its got the optional Catalytic Converters.
                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Good on you "Sir Rosco"!
                  SS

Comment

Working...
                  X