Blast from the past: Ayrton Senna tests the new 1994 Audi S4 20V turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdz View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't have access to scanner that size and poster itself is not in it's best condition.
    Too bad it was folded originally. Still nice to have. I'd buy one off eBay if I ever found one.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Very nice, he was the guy!

Comment

Originally posted by diogocartier View Post
        Very nice, he was the guy!
        Any leads on magazines with other Ayrton Senna/Audi articles, particularly the source of him sitting in his silver S4 V8 wagon?

Comment

Senna´s family still owns the S4 wagon, today it belongs to his brother, Leonardo Senna.

It was shown to the public during the 10 years of Audi here in Brazil.

His S4 at his place...

Brazilian CEO of Audi on the left & Leornado Senna on the right and S4 from Senna on the back. Picture from 2010.

Some pictures of his car..

A few pictures from Senna Import, his company responsible for Audi here in Brazil until 2005.

The first owner of my S2 was Antônio Carlos de Almeida Braga, personal friend from Ayrton Senna.

Comment

diogo: Thanks so much. Excellent collection of Senna/Audi photos.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              diogo: Thanks so much. Excellent collection of Senna/Audi photos.

I second that!!!
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by UrS4boy View Post
                Dude: I would *love* a full-sized digital scan of that poster and I am sure there are a few others who would too. Beer money?

Not a poster but the same picture available in Audi brochure 302/1216.01.00 printed 7/93.Will post couple of pics later for you and you can do your thingy.Some sellers on ebay want £20.00 + for these brochures.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Pics Here.1st pic natural light the other 3 showing a colour cast result of flash.
                  Attached Files
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
                    Pics Here.1st pic natural light the other 3 showing a colour cast result of flash.
                    Thanks but without putting those under non-glare glass to flatten them out and reduce/kill the glare, they aren't very useful. But thanks for trying.

BTW: I got two delivery fail notices on the email I tried to send you (and resend you).

I won't try again until I know your email is working for sure.

Comment

Thanks but without putting those under non-glare glass to flatten them out and reduce/kill the glare, they aren't very useful. But thanks for trying.

BTW: I got two delivery fail notices on the email I tried to send you (and resend you).

I won't try again until I know your email is working for sure.
                      Hi Dave,pictures posted to show that the same picture is available elsewhere.Scanning that poster of it you wanted would be horrible with all its wear.The 2 other pictures are of interest as same car and from an original URS4 brochure available of ebay. Scan direct from perfect image in brochure and get perfect results.Voila!! I collected new or mint mainly B2 b3 b4 C4 C5 Ur quattro RS2 S2 S6 Audi brochures of ebay dealers 7 years ago when much cheaper than today and want them to stay that way.OCD maybee but passionate about Audis from this era.
                      I have new big A3 sheets in Audi pressmappe kit for the URS4 in both saloon and avant its stunning and quite expensive of ebay.Why Audi didn't do this for my car URS6 annoys meDo you want me to take some non glare photos of? If you don't already have
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Anybody able to translate Senna's comments in the blue box at the right?

Bellow the translation.

Quattro system
                        Is the best advantage over Audi competitors. With this system you have a better stability How the four wheels traction and there is no risk of one of the axle skid in a fast corner. On the rain this system is fantastic. Ensures safety to the passengers.

Safety
                        In Germany I drove a Avant S4 (station wagon of the tested car) in some autobahn over 240km/h. I did an experience: I pulled of my hands of the steering wheel and pressed the brake. The car stopped in a straight line with no fading. I got impressed with brake system and ABS efficiency.

Overboost
                        It was a resource that we used in Formula 1 turbo era. At the moment to pass another car we only pressed a button on the steering wheel and the turbo exceed a higher pressure above the engine. The S4 has this same resource, but it’s automatic. The engine receives 25cv more instantly. To overcome a truck in a single road the overboost ensures this action faster and safely.

The pictures of Senna with a S4 V8 SW are at his house. If I’m not wrong these pictures were for a magazine called “Caras“ (that only shows life of very rich and famous people).

The car test happend in Interlagos circuit I believe that in the beginning of 1994. There is a history that before Brazilian Grand Prix (second race of the season) Senna went to Interlagos in the middle of the week and with Interlagos‘ Director (Edgard Mello Filho) Senna drove his Audi at the track but on the wrong way.

The official sales of Audi started in Brazil in 1994 by Senna Import, some years later Audi AG bought 51% of the company and the name changed to Audi Senna, and when the contract expired the name changed to Audi Brasil. My father worked 8 years in these companies at technical department. He told me that sometimes an employee of Senna family went to technical department with his S4 V8 and a Honda NSX to a maintenance.

Now I’m in doubt just for one fact. I have no idea why the changed the car wheels. They replaced Bolero wheels for Avus wheels.

Comment

Nice detail, thanks for adding that translation!
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Guslotti: Thanks for the extra detail. I googled "Caras Senna" and got lots and lots of photos, unfortunately none with the S4 V8 Avant:
                            https://www.google.com/search?q=cara...M%3B804%3B1103

The 94 S4s outside of NAmerica came with the 16" Avus standard with the 17" Boleros as the optional wheel/tire. I presume they wanted to show both or the Boleros had track tires and the Avuses had street tires on them.

Comment

Guslotti: Thanks for the extra detail. I googled "Caras Senna" and got lots and lots of photos, unfortunately none with the S4 V8 Avant:
                              https://www.google.com/search?q=cara...M%3B804%3B1103

The 94 S4s outside of NAmerica came with the 16" Avus standard with the 17" Boleros as the optional wheel/tire. I presume they wanted to show both or the Boleros had track tires and the Avuses had street tires on them.
                              I thought that with V8 engine only Bolero wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Guslotti View Post
                                I thought that with V8 engine only Bolero wheels.
                                Nope. Only way to distinquish a UrS4 AAN from a V8 UrS4 is the bumper inserts. The AANs had black inserts. The V8 inserts were painted body colour.

AAN:

V8 (okay, the V8s also have "4.2" on the back but from the front, there would be no other way to tell)

Comment

Working...
                                X