Audi Coupe TDi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Coupe TDi?

I was thinking about replacing my daily drive, a Fiesta Pop Plus ( ) with an Audi 80 TDi or silmilar, when i thought why did Audi not produce a TDi version of the Coupe? I assume i am right in my thing that they did not produce one?
    Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
    Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
    Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
    Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
    Golf MK2 8v Race car

Think the continent got one, they got a tdi cabriolet.
    Ragusa Coupe gone!
    sigpic
    VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
    VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
    vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
      I was thinking about replacing my daily drive, a Fiesta Pop Plus ( ) with an Audi 80 TDi or silmilar, when i thought why did Audi not produce a TDi version of the Coupe? I assume i am right in my thing that they did not produce one?
      You are correct on this... I do know of one guy that put a 2.5TDi engine into a Type 85 Coupe Quattro for a laugh. Its MUCH easier on the 89/B3/B4 Coupe of course but a sizeable enough job as you'd need the diesel cogged 01E transmission to give you decent gearing for the oil burners dynamic range !

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
        You are correct on this... I do know of one guy that put a 2.5TDi engine into a Type 85 Coupe Quattro for a laugh. Its MUCH easier on the 89/B3/B4 Coupe of course but a sizeable enough job as you'd need the diesel cogged 01E transmission to give you decent gearing for the oil burners dynamic range !

Paul
        I had purchased a 2.5TDi Box about 3 years ago for my FWD project.It was a 6-Speed FWD Box and when I checked back,the 1st,2nd & 3rd gears were the same as an RS2.I could have been reading the information wrong though.
        Issam N. Abed
        iABED Industries
        iABED Email | Facebook
        The build thread

Comment

I think you're correct. The higher gears are longer on diesel boxes, but the first few are the same.

Edit: And yes, no coupe diesel was ever produced but AFAIK cabrio 1.9tdi is real.
          -

Comment

Build your own Tdi's
            @ the end of the day its still A Diesel
            Issam N. Abed
            iABED Industries
            iABED Email | Facebook
            The build thread

Comment

In my opinion Audi and all of the most important car manufacturers didn't produce Tdi coupes until recently 'cause of the lack of request for such a model. The idea most of the people have of Coupè cars is of high performance and dynamics, which only the newer TDi's, common rail, variable geometry turbo engines allow.
              I think this is also the reason why BMW waited a couple of years before putting the 320d and 330d TDi engines in its new "3 series" Coupe.

Marco

Comment

Strongest 2wd-box are ?

Originally posted by Wizard-of-OD
                I had purchased a 2.5TDi Box about 3 years ago for my FWD project.It was a 6-Speed FWD Box and when I checked back,the 1st,2nd & 3rd gears were the same as an RS2.I could have been reading the information wrong though.
                Hi folks!
                I'm new here and have some questions about gearbox for my 2wd-projekt:
                - are the 6-speed from 2.5TDi the best (strongest) fwd-box?
                - are all 6-speed fwd 2.5TDi type 01E?
                - are any 5-speed fwd 2.5TDi type 01E?
                - are newer 2.5TDi boxes better than older?
                - from what year/partnumber?

Calle

Comment

It's a myth that diesel boxes are stronger than their petrol equivalents.
                  Yes, all 6 ratio TDI boxes are 01E.
                  Hard to answer your question in great depth, what engine are you using in your project?
                  L.Carr

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Carr
                    It's a myth that diesel boxes are stronger than their petrol equivalents.
                    Yes, all 6 ratio TDI boxes are 01E.
                    Hard to answer your question in great depth, what engine are you using in your project?

I'm planning to use V8 engine in my midengine projekt. So I need a fwd box that can handle some torgue. But it's not going to be any dragracing! And limited low rpm torgue because of carburator. And my budget are limited too.
                    The fact that diesel boxes have the higher gears longer sounded god because of the V8.
                    What Audi fwd gearbox do You recommend? From what modell and Year?

Calle

Comment

Thats correct, the 5th and 6th gear are longer. I installed an EDU gearbox thats came also in the A6 2,5 TDI. When I drive in 6th @ 100 km/h the RPM stays just under 1900.
                      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                      High Octane website

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                        Thats correct, the 5th and 6th gear are longer. I installed an EDU gearbox thats came also in the A6 2,5 TDI. When I drive in 6th @ 100 km/h the RPM stays just under 1900.
                        Maybe this is a stupid question , but what is "EDU gearbox"?

Calle

Comment

Originally posted by calle_o
                          Maybe this is a stupid question , but what is "EDU gearbox"?

Calle
                          That is the gearbox ID code.
                          EDU gearbox came in the S4 and A6 2,5 TDI

Cheers
                          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                          High Octane website

Comment

I did read before about weaker 1st gear in older 01E Quattro transmission.
                            Is it the same with 01E FWD transmission?

Calle

Comment

Working...
                            X