Dodgy UR Quattro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy UR Quattro?

I have come across a Black 89 reg UR Quattro 10v turbo. I have the chasis no However there is no 9 in it. Also when I rang Audi it doesn't list the model. It was exported from the UK in 1997 and has been in Ireland since

there is no v5 - just a certificate of export which again doesn't list the model

However when I look up the reg (HPI Check) it comes back as a audi coupe gt which was silver and has been recorded by an insurance company as a total loss

is it dodgy?
    Quattro Man!

Hmm, thats 3 things, if it was any one of those you might put it to error etc but with all 3 it does seem dodgy.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

The 9 missing from the chassis is normal for a 1989 car
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

if something looks like *****, smells like *****, chances are that it is *****!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

i would check the paper in the trunk, check for factory options and for tire dimensions, engine code, tranny code...
          Audi Quattro WR

Comment

The first two could be explained. However the last one makes me think. Written off car been put back in the road with mods to make a UR.

Walk away

Comment

Originally posted by Human Joist View Post
              The first two could be explained. However the last one makes me think. Written off car been put back in the road with mods to make a UR.

Walk away
              More like stolen UR and had the plates from the written off GT put on to disguise its identity....

Comment

What s the metal work like around the bulkhead chassis number?
                Does it look original paint there?
                Poor quality ringer if it's a ur with gt reg. non experts should spot the difference!

Comment

how much is he wanting for this car? do you have any photos you can post up?
                  1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Working...
                  X