Abt c5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abt c5

What exactly makes it a c5? How do you know if it's original? Is there a list of original vin numbers?

Originally posted by PLUG239 View Post
    What exactly makes it a c5? How do you know if it's original? Is there a list of original vin numbers?
    Here is some Abt info posted previously

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So no way of telling by vin or some sort of register? Are they all turbo?

Comment

No, Abt (founded by the late Johann Abt) are a well respected motorsports and tuning emporium. So the cars modified would have been production line customer vehicles randomly purchased from the production line. Its unlikely Abt distribute public records of customer cars.
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          Its unlikely Abt distribute public records of customer cars.
          That is an understatement. I contacted Abt regarding information about the "AANM" (I made that one up) modified AANs with 1.998 L for the Italian (and maybe Spanish) market UrS4s and UrS6s that they did. They have NO (NONE, aucun, nada, zilch, keine) info about that program any longer. Gone. (Or at least buried too far down in some Austrian cave that they can't be bothered).
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

So a c5 is just a coupe with a wide arch body kit?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUG239 View Post
              So a c5 is just a coupe with a wide arch body kit?
              In essance, yes.... Its a Coupe/S2 et al modified by Abt with a wide body in the early/mid 1990's...
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I need to value mine for insurance ! No one seems to be able to put a value on it as there is none ever on the market!

Comment

For a very long time I was looking for information on this topic. Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                    That is an understatement. I contacted Abt regarding information about the "AANM" (I made that one up) modified AANs with 1.998 L for the Italian (and maybe Spanish) market UrS4s and UrS6s that they did. They have NO (NONE, aucun, nada, zilch, keine) info about that program any longer. Gone. (Or at least buried too far down in some Austrian cave that they can't be bothered).
                    matches my experience. when I contacted them to see if there was any info about my car they told me it had all been filed in the large grey archive that is emptied weekly

Comment

Working...
                    X