S2 coupe 3b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 coupe 3b

Hi everyone ...will the running gear etc from a 3b fit in to an ABY shell ok ...i know wiring etc will be different just body wise

what exactly?

Comment

Maybe just some work to sort gearbox linkage as 6 to 5 speed

Comment

Front subframe is different if you are moving between 5 and 6 speed boxes. If you are moving everything over into an ABY shell you'll be fine with the transplant.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
          Front subframe is different if you are moving between 5 and 6 speed boxes. If you are moving everything over into an ABY shell you'll be fine with the transplant.
          yeah I have both cars complete apart from engine complete running gear removed from aby...hoping to keep abs from any also ....keepinh the 5 speed ...anyone done this on the forum

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

if your moving everything from 3b to aby it will fit exept for the subframe bush bolt size. but i presume they will come new as you have everthing down.

Comment

It would help if you could be more specific about what you are doing. There are many subtle differences that may or may not be an issue, depending on what parts you are hoping to cross over.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404
                It would help if you could be more specific about what you are doing. There are many subtle differences that may or may not be an issue, depending on what parts you are hoping to cross over.
                I have a complete 3b that had previous body repairs done that were not good...i have found an ABY shell that was stripped of its running gear to use in a short wheel base quattro build ...i want to transfer my engine gearbox and subframes , suspension , hubs etc in to the ABY shell it still has it's interior complete ...all wiring and pipework including abs pump and steering rack in place

Comment

dont forget that the engine harness is not the same

Comment

Originally posted by rxl
                    dont forget that the engine harness is not the same
                    Yeah I know that ..the harness from ABY engine is removed along with ECU ...

Comment

well its posible but takes time and i think you will almoast end refubishing the whole suspension and other bits.

Comment

id keep the aby suspension. check the diff code see if tis the same. change gearbox and front shafts. rears are same on all cars 16v included.
                        you need to keep all abs from aby or swap.

rear sub is same on all b3 cars ive seen.

issues will be around front subframe, shafts and wiring.

Comment

Working...
                        X