Euro Car Parts - UK members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Car Parts - UK members

Hi all, it's been a while but I just thought I should give you a heads up that whilst ECP are quite happy to supply parts to enthusiasts/home mechanics, did you know that they will not guarantee those parts?

They will ONLY cover repair work if you can supply receipts from a VAT-registered garage, they are not interested in anything which you have fitted yourself

They will not cover the cost of any replacement parts due to a failure of their own supplied parts

They do not respond to complaints, and class it as a 'query' to avoid Regulatory action - be sure to get confirmation in writing of it being a complaint, or you will be going round and round in circles

They will take no responsibility for any failure of service

In short, I fitted a timing belt kit in July of this year to my ageing A4, the timing belt tensioner failed (seized solid) after 5,000 miles, which if I had not caught in time would have snapped the timing belt. They couldn't supply a replacement part in time (despite several promises to the contrary) so due to time constraints (and a lack of faith in their parts) I bought a belt kit from elsewhere, and also had to replace the cooling fan which had been smashed by the failed tensioner, at a material cost of £140 to me.

All ECP are interested in (after MUCH arguing) is they will refund their timing belt kit (approx £70) with no interest in my costs, time, or their customer service failures - or even the fact that they have supplied a critical part which is not fit for purpose. This is only af=ter I have sent the part off to be 'tested', which could take up to 12 weeks. A child could see that the tensioner has failed, the outer ring has moved across and wedged itself tight against the tensioner bracket, you can see the discolouration on the bearing where it has been red hot

After the amount of money I have spent with that company, I would have expected some service - you won't get it

Buyer beware.

Most of ECP items are cheap Chinese tat, bunch of clowns

Comment

Well DIY time is free, I can see their stance to be honest. As long as they refund for the goods they are in good stead.

Where the goods damage something else, then it is still a grey area as how can they or you prove it was fitted properly?

Take your tensioner, overtightening of either the fixing fastener or overtightening the belt may have caused the failure. They have no way of know what you did with it, so unless a 'professional' fitted it, there's little to say it was properly at all.....

Not saying it is fair, but you do have to see it from their side as well.

Comment

20 years ago I used to get a LOT of stuff from them for my then girlfriend's (now wife's) mk1 Golf, Continental timing belt was about £3.50 (seriously it was!)…….I rated them and their stuff was good.

Haven't bought from them for a long time now.

Comment

To clarify, I tend to go where I can get quality brand parts at a good price, and will get things from three suppliers for one job if it means getting the best deal/brands.

Comment

I tend to buy pads and disks from them when they have offers. Always fit them myself and always but decent brands. No issues and they are happy to take any unused items back. I think you will find most parts suppliers will have the same reaction to a claim for damages caused by faulty parts unfortunately.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
              I think you will find most parts suppliers will have the same reaction to a claim for damages caused by faulty parts unfortunately.
              I suppose so, they didn't manufacture it.

Comment

I used to spend at least a couple grand a week with them through the garage I then worked for at the time and we lost so much time an money in labour and in miss made parts warranty claims etc it's all catching up with them now though, my mate brought a set of £500 brembo discs that where faulty and he sent back to brembo direct to be told they weren't brembo ?. Last week a garage I do diagnostics for had a rear disc failure that took the calliper and carrier of the rear axle of a customers truck due to manufacturing fault which is being investigated. But when companies like Bosch say they themselves made £800 million selling non genuine parts in Bosch boxes due to demand can't imagine them going anywhere . Use branded parts but double check before fitting is my recommendation. And defiantly check wheels if properly marked we have literally hundreds of failures come into work.i ll post this weeks one when I pop into work

Comment

Working...
                X