Custom plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom plates

Can anyone recommended a UK company who make custom number plates? Mine are looking tired and I thought I would get some with the Nothelle logo printed as a nice touch
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Hmmm, good question. I have recently tried to do the same for my Saab. The legal line is that the replacement number plates can only come from an authorised supplier and must have the supplier name and postcode stamped on the plates.

I would prefer to have more generic plates with a Saab logo for example.

Having said that, you can have any "show" plate made up and fitted to you car and I can't imagine it will be an MOT failure if it has legal font and is a legal size, but has a small logo on the bottom...

Let me know what you find?

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

It is a MIGHTY shame DMB no longer do plates.

Last ones I had made were (as above) "show plates" in the old pre-2001 font. They weren't as good as what DMB made but better than halfords post 2001 ones!

Will try and find a link for the supplier.

Comment

https://www.a1showplates.com/

Comment

Cheers John. I emailed a couple of places including above and no one would do the Nothelle dagger so I've just gone for the wording; Nothelle Audi Sport.
          I will let you know how they turn out
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I liked the DMB plates because the backing and script were behind clear Perspex , the A1 plates used the Perspex as a backing and the script stuck to it?

What company are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
              I liked the DMB plates because the backing and script were behind clear Perspex , the A1 plates used the Perspex as a backing and the script stuck to it?

What company are you using?
              A1 Showplates
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                A1 Showplates
                I'll be interested to hear your opinion of them.

Comment

Ok, my plates arrived from A1 show plates. After ordering, I read the small print that I had ticked I had read before I ordered. In the small print they say they are not legal for UK road use.
                  The plates came from Jersey. There must be some loop hole in the legislation which means they can get around the 2001 License plate laws and actually sell these. The is no BS type approval mark on the plates and no identifier as to who made them (these are required under the 2001 law).
                  However, having read up on the law, I can see no part in it which applies to vehicles registered before 2001. It was not applied retrospectively. It is also not an MOT fail if the plates are not marked as above. So, I think I will be ok.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Cut to the chase, what do you think of them?!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                      Cut to the chase, what do you think of them?!
                      No issues. Just look like any other new number plates to me.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Mine have arrive from A1 plates. They are ok but not the greatest quality, I can seem them being tatty again in a year or two...
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic
                        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                          Ok, my plates arrived from A1 show plates. After ordering, I read the small print that I had ticked I had read before I ordered. In the small print they say they are not legal for UK road use.
                          The plates came from Jersey. There must be some loop hole in the legislation which means they can get around the 2001 License plate laws and actually sell these. The is no BS type approval mark on the plates and no identifier as to who made them (these are required under the 2001 law).
                          However, having read up on the law, I can see no part in it which applies to vehicles registered before 2001. It was not applied retrospectively. It is also not an MOT fail if the plates are not marked as above. So, I think I will be ok.
                          Yes, I was wondering about the exact legality of these. Basically, if the MOT man passes them, the plod are highly unlikely to pull you over for not having a small postcode and BS mark on them

I will let you know if i have any problems with them on my 2008 Saab....
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                            Mine have arrive from A1 plates. They are ok but not the greatest quality, I can seem them being tatty again in a year or two...
                            That's kind of what I was thinking regards the construction of them? I have pre 2001 font plates(no BS mark or postcode) on a 2009 Skoda, never mentioned at MOT and never had a tug for them.

…….yet.

Comment

I suggest showplatesworld for custom number plates. You can contact them through their website. Here is the link
                              Show Plates Express are the leading online store for show plates and replacement number plates at fantastic prices. Shop and buy online now. Rapid delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X