4th Time Lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Time Lucky

So I've gone and bought my 4th S2. The first three didn't work out too well and I ended up selling them on after spending time, money and effort.

This one though, I might be keeping for a while. It's not mint and has some issues that I will hopefully enjoy fixing.

In short I bought this blind and duly paid a deposit as good cars are hard to come by these days. A quick 300 mile trip from Doncaster down to Bovey Tracey last Thursday and a nervous and extremely cold journey back home. I say cold because 5 miles into the trip as it began to snow, I turned the heater up only to find that it was blowing out cold air. 4.5 hours later and driving with my coat zipped up to the neck with gloves on, I was so cold that I could hardly get out of the vehicle!

But you know what, the car never missed a beat.

Without further ado, here she is after having a hoover and a bit of a wash today. A one owner car. 1995 Emerald Green, 114K and serviced every year with every single invoice. I'll total them up at some point but I'm guessing there's over £20K's worth. The biggest one being a rear subframe at just shy of £3K with a note on saying that extra paint was applied to give better protection.
    Attached Files
    Steve

1990 RR 20V
    1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

nice find!!!

Comment

Yes, very nice find. I didn't see that advertised anywhere. Looks lovely
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by steverrquattro View Post
        So I've gone and bought my 4th S2. The first three didn't work out too well and I ended up selling them on after spending time, money and effort.

This one though, I might be keeping for a while. It's not mint and has some issues that I will hopefully enjoy fixing.

In short I bought this blind and duly paid a deposit as good cars are hard to come by these days. A quick 300 mile trip from Doncaster down to Bovey Tracey last Thursday and a nervous and extremely cold journey back home. I say cold because 5 miles into the trip as it began to snow, I turned the heater up only to find that it was blowing out cold air. 4.5 hours later and driving with my coat zipped up to the neck with gloves on, I was so cold that I could hardly get out of the vehicle!

But you know what, the car never missed a beat.

Without further ado, here she is after having a hoover and a bit of a wash today. A one owner car. 1995 Emerald Green, 114K and serviced every year with every single invoice. I'll total them up at some point but I'm guessing there's over £20K's worth. The biggest one being a rear subframe at just shy of £3K with a note on saying that extra paint was applied to give better protection.
        It looks very nice that steve I’ll have to pop round some time to have a better look mate

Comment

Nice find where was that hidden?

Comment

Originally posted by mac2226 View Post
            It looks very nice that steve I’ll have to pop round some time to have a better look mate
            No worries Mike, I know you’re busy. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything. Once the heating is sorted I’m going to replace the vacuum hoses as at least one of them is split.
            Steve

1990 RR 20V
            1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
              Nice find where was that hidden?
              A small place called Bovey Tracey. It’s near Newton Abbott.
              Steve

1990 RR 20V
              1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

I love the grille badge polished to within an inch of its life! Health to enjoy mate, you’ll not regret getting it.
                Is it non sunroof?
                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
                  I love the grille badge polished to within an inch of its life! Health to enjoy mate, you’ll not regret getting it.
                  Is it non sunroof?
                  Yes it’s a none sunroof model but has AC. At one time I would have much preferred a sunroof. Now having had experience of how they leak and rust I consider it a bonus not to have one.

As for the grille badge, the rear is not much better.
                  Steve

1990 RR 20V
                  1982 SWB UR - RS2 Engine

Comment

A small place called Bovey Tracey. It’s near Newton Abbott.
                    I picked mine up from near Turo, so not that far away. Same colour as well. Hope this one works out for you.
                    Last edited by B5NUT; 23 January 2023, 22:48.

Comment

Yes it’s a none sunroof model but has AC. At one time I would have much preferred a sunroof. Now having had experience of how they leak and rust I consider it a bonus not to have one.

As for the grille badge, the rear is not much better.
                      New ones can be got but I prefer the patina of the originals, I got new ones for mine but kept the originals
                      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Same here , mines been rebuilt and resprayed but just prefer the old worn badges and wouldn’t replace them

Comment

stunning example you must be well chuffed with that!!!

Comment

No worries Mike, I know you’re busy. Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything. Once the heating is sorted I’m going to replace the vacuum hoses as at least one of them is split.
                            Thanks Steve,sorry not been contact with you lately had so many things to finish off lol

Comment

This one even had me tempted to own another one, after 14 years wihout one! It just goes to show, theyre still out there owned by people who dont really know their true value

Comment

Working...
                              X